| ||N90616 was formerly assigned to one of only two Baumann Brigadier B-290 aircraft built. The B-290 evolved from the Baumann B-250 with two Continental C125 pusher engines which first flew in June, 1947. The prototype of the B-250 was sold to Piper Aircraft for use as a test vehicle. |
The B-290 N90616 had two 145 Hp Continental C145 six-cylinder air cooled pusher engines on a conventional shoulder-mounted wing. The distinctive feature was the twin pusher engine arrangement. The other B-290 constructed had two Franklin 335 165 Hp engines, also pushers on conventional shoulder mounted wing. The Brigadiers were an all metal five place cabin twin engine monoplanes.
Performance of B-290 with two C145 engines: Max. speed, 175 mph; cruise speed 155 mph; initial climb rate, 1,250 ft./min., ceiling, 18,000 ft., range, 750 miles.
Weights: empty, 2,200 lbs., loaded, 3,500 lb.
Dimensions: Span, 41'0", length, 27'5", height, 10'2", wing area, 207 sq. ft.
Please check the Custer Channel Wing CCW-5 aircraft for its link with the Baumann B-290 design.