Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Any idea's ?       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Civil Aviation

Any idea's ? 
Daniel Ihde

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Any idea's ? Reply with quote

I saw a nice looking Bell 407 on a flatbed truck trailer. So I took a closer look and in the window was a U.S. Customs Seizure notice. I am curious to know if anyone might have an idea as to what sorts of reasons Customs would seize an aircraft. In this case it sparked my curiousity even more since it was a Canadian aircraft being seized by U.S. Customs.

Any thoughts or ideas would be welcome.

Ztex

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Customs seizures come in all forms.
It could be procedural, ie. paperwork was wrong, or the aircraft was illegally transferred/sold to someone in the US, or it was involved in an illegal operation of some sort...smuggling etc.

Who knows?

Interesting....got pics?

Daniel Ihde

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ztex. You have been very helpful on these forums.

Yes there are a couple of pics I posted yesterday. Aircraft identification is C-FUNF. I should also note that this aircraft identification number C-FUNF only registers as a glider of some sort and I couldn't find anything listing a Bell 407 with this registration.

I'm just someone who has always enjoyed watching aircraft and don't have any sort of a pilots license or anything of the sort. So I thought someone here who's business is aviation might be able to provide me with a little insight into this type of thing.

I very much appreciate your answer.

moxy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daniel

This chopper was registered to CC Helicopters Ltd, Kamloops, B.C. Canada in 2008. If you google news items relating to this company and Trevor Moore an officer of the company you will see some interesting articles which appear to answer your query.

Best regards

Bob

Daniel Ihde

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that is interesting. Thanks Moxy. I wasn't expecting it to be anything that dramatic. Just didn't know what some reasons for aircraft seizure would be. Thanks again for the info.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Civil Aviation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: