Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Aircraft Photos to submit, new rules Q       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aviation Photography

Aircraft Photos to submit, new rules Q 
gbmax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Aircraft Photos to submit, new rules Q Reply with quote

I've seen new rules about submitting aircraft photos - when people submitting several similar photos of same aircraft.
I have a question: if same aircraft is photographed on different dates, would be ok to submit such photos or not? and if it won't look very same, let's say, at different angle...etc?

Thanks,
G

Chris Hall

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the same aircraft is photographed on different dates or at a different location then that is OK.
The problem we were getting was a small number of people were "memory card dumping" and uploading 12 to 15 images of the same aircraft taxiing or flying by

Malcolm Clarke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris is absolutely right and I would add just a little more.

Please don't be tempted to take an unnecessary number of shots of the same view of the same aircraft simply because it is on a different date and a different location. Better to have a reason to do so which may be of particular interest to the site.

Also there have been a number of so called close ups taken from the same position as another wider shot of the aircraft. Unless these show much greater detail than is shown in the wider view, they may be treated as duplicates.

Malcolm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aviation Photography All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: