Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
2012 Duke Owners fly in       

2012 Duke Owners fly in 
Nick Dean

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: 2012 Duke Owners fly in Reply with quote

Hi All,

Just a note to say that the annual Beech Duke Owners fly in is being held in Brunswick ME Oct 4th-7th there should be 20-30 Dukes in attendance maybe more for anyone in the area .

Cheers
Nick

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many left are there total? I've seen only about 3 since I have worked at Orlando Executive, one with a Canadian registration. One was here for NBAA. Cool looking plane though.

Nick Dean

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are about 380-400 left flying; a total of 596 were made with production ending in 1982 with N410G P-596. Over the last 20 years I have sold 360 vortex generator kits, 198 sets of winglets and 140 sets of aft body strakes to the fleet, we have yet to decide the location of next years fly in but I will make a post when we have decided.

Cheers
Nick

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, didn't even realize there were that many built. I was thinking there were less than 200 built with under 100 left. C-GMRM comes to ORL once in a while. There was another one at NBAA last week, don't know the number off hand because its in my still to be edited folder.

I would love to see it at Orlando Executive Airport - maybe something could be worked out with Showalter Flying Service, who is one of our FBOs.

Nick Dean

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will find Duke owners to be a very nice bunch of people and I can't imagine you being denied if you asked to get some shots.

Cheers
Nick

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually referring to the next Duke owners gathering to be at Orlando Executive. Showalter usually handles the fly ins and special aircraft like warbirds, Trimotors etc that come in to give rides - they have more ramp space than our other FBO Sheltair.

There aren't any Dukes based at ORL, but we get a few transient ones here and there.

Nick Dean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next fly in will most likely be in the middle of the country that way members on the west coast can attend with their aircraft.

red750

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are currently four Dukes active on the Australian register, serial no's P-281, P-395, P-466 and P-578.

Regards,

Peter

Nick Dean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

I think P-237 VH-UFD and P-244 VH-TFD are still active as well and P-006 VH-TKE is preserved at a museum in Brisbane.

Cheers
Nick

red750

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick,

You are right. I had searched the CASA register for B60, -UFD and -TFD were listed as A60.

Registration VH-TKE has been re-assigned.

Regards,

Peter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: