Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Letter Of Introduction (A.R.S. Auto/Marine)       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Buy, Sale & Trade

Letter Of Introduction (A.R.S. Auto/Marine) 
A.R.S. Auto/Marine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Letter Of Introduction (A.R.S. Auto/Marine) Reply with quote

My name is Art Scaltrito. I have a part time business (Automotive Restoration Services) I am registered in Pa (Tax ID). Been in business since 1982. Part time since 1991. I work @ UPS and plan on retiring from UPS in 2016. This UPS is next to BRANDYWINE AIRPORT.
NOW A PROUD MEMBER OF THE NAVAL AIR STATION MUSEUM WILDWOOD @ CAPE MAY AIRPORT. I repair fiberglass damage on boats, repaint & detail boats, (and many other things) mechanical, structural and cosmetic repairs on trailers, (UPS training & experience on tractor trailers.)
I wish to expand into the world of Aviation.
I charge $40.00 per hour plus materials to strip and repaint small aircraft.
I charge $10.00 per foot for detailing fuselage (including cabin) and $10.00 per foot for wingspan. Your choice of AEROGLOSS or Teflon Paint sealant.
I can send pictures (before & after) of my body of work.
Please call 610-272-4090 or email me @ arsgrouplp@aol.com
Thank you for the opportunity to serve!
Very Happy

Last edited by A.R.S. Auto/Marine on Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't resist asking you if you have read and understood Federal Air Regulation Part 43, Maintenance, Rebuilding and Alteration? Specifically Part 43.3 titled "Persons authorized to perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, rebuilding, or alteration"?

What is your aircraft Repair Station Certificate number? The FAA might like to know.

There is more, a lot more I could ask, but apparently you do not hold a Federal Aviation Administration Airframe and Powerplant License, nor do you have Inspection Authorization with that license.

Reply to Doug Robertson 
A.R.S. Auto/Marine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply to Doug Robertson Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Robertson:
If you read the entire post, it says "I'M CONSIDERING" moving my business to a local airport.
I had a Federal license to inspect heavy trucks @ UPS.
I was an airdale in the NAVY (Aviation Machinist Mate)
My insurance now is more than the rent..
I'll do whatever is necessary to be legal in aviation, IF I DECIDE TO GO THAT ROUTE!
I go to boat shows to make friends and business associates. More friends, less competitors. I'm phasing out automotive because I'm competing with illegal aliens that DON'T PAY TAXES OR INSURANCE.
I'll have my Army/Civil Air Patrol/ Missle Systems Engineer/ attorney beside me if and when I decide to go the Aviation route.
I'll send you pictures of my body of work then we'll see if you can compete, or still criticize.
Very Happy

Addendum To Doug Robertson Reply 
A.R.S. Auto/Marine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Addendum To Doug Robertson Reply Reply with quote

I don't believe there is a law that says aircraft owners can't own a boat, boat trailer, or an automobile. Very Happy
Or does this site say I cannot solicit my services here concerning boats, boat trailers, or automobiles/ trucks..

Reading Of FAA. Reg 43. 
A.R.S. Auto/Marine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reading Of FAA. Reg 43. Reply with quote

[b][i]
I read this law and will comply. I already have an FAA approved mechainc (which I'm not) that will let me use his hangar to perform COSMETIC work. until I decide WHEN & IF I decide to move my business. Not touching any engines.
In no shape, manner, or form did I EVER imply otherwise. Here or any where else.

Before 911 (`1999) I was invited to the FAA facility in Atlantic City to inspect a 727's construction.
They thought I was an engineer.
My best friend growing up is a Director of Global Operations for a MAJOR Air defense contractor. I can bounce ideas off him and my afformentioned attorney.
I'm making sure I have al bases covered before I make any move. Very Happy

A.R.S. Auto/Marine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update
I have contacted the FAA and have someone that will soon test me @ the FAA Office @ Phila. Intl. Airport.
I will soon be FAA Certified Airframe.

From A.R.S. Auto/Marine 
A.R.S. Auto/Marine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: From A.R.S. Auto/Marine Reply with quote

A.R.S. Auto/Marine is now a proud member of THE NAVAL AIR STATION MUSEUM (WILDWOOD) @ CAPE MAY AIRPORT.
I will be restoring and maintaining military artifacts that have seen action.
I've refurbished a 1941 Ford NAVY STAFF CAR for the NASW.
In 2015 I've been commissioned to restore 2 droppable fuel tanks that will be displayed outside the Museum AND
a Lockheed T-33 T-Bird. (cosmetic)
The canopy on the T-33 is beyond repair
If anyone can help locate a replacement, (already contacted Lockheed/Martin)
please contact:
ART SCALTRITO
arsgrouplp@aol.com
610-272-4090
www.arsautomarine.com Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Buy, Sale & Trade All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: