Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Aircraft N280AA       

Aircraft N280AA 
wantmyprivacy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Aircraft N280AA Reply with quote

photo was posted without the owner's permission.

Last edited by wantmyprivacy on Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Re: Aircraft N280AA 
wantmyprivacy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircraft N280AA Reply with quote

Please remove these photos from this website.

Would you like for me to post photos of your home, your cars or your family on the web?

What's wrong with guys - get a life - learn to fly, but please stop posting photos of my airplane!

Nick Dean

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, both photographers of this aircraft are PILOTS and one is also an aircraft owner......the old adage applies here.......if you don't want your aircraft photographed then don't go out in public Steve Schurr!!!

moxy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a pilot I would have thought you would have supported anyone who was interested in general aviation, be they aircraft spotters, photographers or whoever. There are enough people including local government officials on this planet who dislike aeroplanes and would be delighted if their local aerodrome was closed and they could cover it in a huge housing estate. General Aviation needs all the support it can get.

Your aeroplane is a splendid example of a Bonanza, why stop people seeing it? It looks very smart and heh, anybody can see my house and car on Google Earth any time they like and I'd happily send you a photo of my family if you really wanted it.

FYI 
L-5jockey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: FYI Reply with quote

The Ten Legal Commandments of Photography

I. Anyone in a public place can take pictures of anything they want. Public places include parks, sidewalks, malls, etc. Malls? Yeah. Even though it’s technically private property, being open to the public makes it public space.

II. If you are on public property, you can take pictures of private property. If a building, for example, is visible from the sidewalk, it’s fair game.

III. If you are on private property and are asked not to take pictures, you are obligated to honor that request. This includes posted signs.

IV. Sensitive government buildings (military bases, nuclear facilities) can prohibit photography if it is deemed a threat to national security.

V. People can be photographed if they are in public (without their consent) unless they have secluded themselves and can expect a reasonable degree of privacy. Kids swimming in a fountain? Okay. Somebody entering their PIN at the ATM? Not okay.

VI. The following can almost always be photographed from public places, despite popular opinion:

accident & fire scenes, criminal activities
bridges & other infrastructure, transportation facilities (i.e. airports)
industrial facilities, Superfund sites
public utilities, residential & commercial buildings
children, celebrities, law enforcement officers
UFOs, the Loch Ness Monster, Chuck Norris

VII. Although “security” is often given as the reason somebody doesn’t want you to take photos, it’s rarely valid. Taking a photo of a publicly visible subject does not constitute terrorism, nor does it infringe on a company’s trade secrets.

VIII. If you are challenged, you do not have to explain why you are taking pictures, nor to you have to disclose your identity (except in some cases when questioned by a law enforcement officer.)

IX. Private parties have very limited rights to detain you against your will, and can be subject to legal action if they harass you.

X. If someone tries to confiscate your camera and/or film, you don’t have to give it to them. If they take it by force or threaten you, they can be liable for things like theft and coercion. Even law enforcement officers need a court order.

refs:
http://www.krages.com/phoright.htm

http://www.digitaltrends.com/photography/court-cases-involving-photographers/

http://ambientlight.ca/laws/

John

Re: Aircraft N280AA 
Chris Hall

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircraft N280AA Reply with quote

wantmyprivacy wrote:
photo was posted without the owner's permission.

The owner of what?

if you are taking about the aircraft, then the owner of the aircraft does not need to give permission for a photo to be published on the internet if the photograph has been taken from a public place.

Malcolm Clarke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Schurr.

This thread has now progressed beyond reason and is in any event, in the form it has taken, utterly pointless.

Nick Dean has no authority, neither does he have access, to delete photographs from this site.

That is the sole responsibility of the owner and his administration team.

Should you wish to pursue this matter further, may I suggest that you make a direct request to the site administration setting out your reasons for the deletion of the image(s), to which you will receive a reasoned response.

Regards,

Malcolm Clarke
Administrator
Airport-Data.com

wantmyprivacy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Clark,

I have tried to find contact information for the site administrators as you call them, and I could not.

Thank you for contacting me. At this time I would like to respectfully ask that the photo of my aircraft N280AA be removed from public view.

Thankyou,

Steve Schurr

gbmax

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, it normally to be an honor for an owner of an aircraft to have people photograph his aircraft. Commercial airlines put special stickers, paint aircrafts in special schemes not for passengers - most passengers even don't see how an aircraft looks from outside. They do it for other people to see it. A lot of people are very aware today about very fast growing hobby - Aircraft Spotting.

If an owner of an aircraft is so concerned about privacy in regards of an aircraft he does own, maybe best idea - just to get rid of that aircraft - sell..etc. Otherwise, this aircraft may become a really wanted, rare "catch" for many spotters, many would just sit next to airport wait when it would take off or land - to take photos of that aircraft. It's easy to spread a word across aircraft spotters community across the world.

I guess, something else is involved in this case of "privacy"...

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have sent Nick an email asking him to take down the photo.

Though personally I don't see any reason why the owner want it taken down, there's nobody in the photo, and no name was linked to it anywhere on our site. But I think we should respect the owner's request.

Thanks,

Ken

Nick Dean

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not personally remove the photo from A-D for any reason, that is a very slippery slope in this country when you begin to kowtow to people who don't happen to like what you do when it is perfectly legal, if the admin wish to remove the shot from A-D then I have no say in that but this is now a moot point as the picture has been uploaded to several other sites in addition to A-D.

Nick

Last edited by Nick Dean on Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

wantmyprivacy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Ken.

wantmyprivacy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken,

I do trust that you will remove the photo of my aircraft from this website. It sounds as though you have that authority.

Thank you,

Steve Schurr

Nick Dean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I see that site admin caved and removed the shot of N280AA from A-D but that's OK (this is but one website) now the aircraft owner can start searching for the other sites that I have posted the photo on (3 at this point and more to come) this battle may have been won but the war is far from over!! hopefully they wont be so PC when he starts whining!! and I see that one of the sites has full aircraft owner info along with the picture.....EPIC!!!!

Nick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aircraft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: