Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
API?       

API? 
ddossot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: API? Reply with quote

Is there an API for this site? If not, do you have any plan to build one? Or do you need help to build one?

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently we don't have any plan on API. Actually nobody ever asked for it.

That said, if there's actual need, we'll consider it.

Ken

API? 
julienvm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: API? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Congrats for this fantastic website and database. I think it's the highest quality available publicly today on internet. I checked for France and it is very precise and accurate.

I'm currently building a website based on google maps where I need to display world's airports, and possibly additional information on the airports.
Also, it would be nice to have aircraft pictures but the database would then require additional information. I could help define the required information and populate it.

I have no interest in owning the data, however, I would be interested in using it on my website and participating in its improvement.

It would be fantastic if an API was available as it would allow me to use the data on my website.

My site isn't producing revenues, because it is just for me and my friends for now, but as I develop it further, it might become commercial. In that case I would be glad to pay a fee to use the data. Until then, I could mention the data source.

Please let me know if you have any interest in this. This could represent an additional revenue stream once it becomes available. Only once an API is available will people start to see value in it and want to use it.

I don't see other databases with comparable detail and accuracy on the web, so I really think you have a chance here.

Congrats again, and please let me know if I can support you in any way.

API 
inspire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject: API Reply with quote

Hi
I also would like if you could provide an API, I like to fetch Airport names when sending IATA/ICAO

Also interested 
sigmaphil

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Also interested Reply with quote

Please add me to the list of those interested in api access. I'm considering a mobile/tablet app and am currently considering using ourairportsdotcom's api, but your data looks more complete. I would be very interested!

Thanks,
Phil

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Please check

http://www.airport-data.com/api/doc.php

I'll add more when there's demand.

For bug report or suggestions, please post in this forum.

Thanks,

Ken

brough

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airport-Data wrote:
Hi,

Please check

http://www.airport-data.com/api/doc.php

I'll add more when there's demand.

For bug report or suggestions, please post in this forum.

Thanks,

Ken

Many thanks - that's how I found this site - wish I'd found it weeks back! Add me to the list of those who'd like to use the API, please. Many thanks to all who have put in such a huge effort.

Malcolm Clarke

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, someone has to say it!

I'm not 'appy cause I don't know what API is!

Will someone please fill me in - not physically please.

Malcolm.

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malcolm,

Do you actually mean it?

Anyway, just in case you do, here's what wikipedia says:

Quote:
In computer programming, an application programming interface (API) specifies how some software components should interact with each other.

Basically API defines a protocol on which different applications interact.

Ken

Malcolm Clarke

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Ken, my pathetic humour!

But yes I had not understood the meaning of the abbreviation and now know a little more.

Many thanks,

Malcolm.

spietari

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add me to the API list please. You've got really nice data, I'd like to see at least the runway information added to the API.

What kind of a license are you planning for the data through the API?

Thanks a lot!
Seppo

anosh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone else been getting emails from this Cessna owner asking you to take down his aircraft pictures? I notice that there are less pictures of this plane on here now than in the past. This guy approached me at Sun N Fun a couple years ago asking me to delete the picture of his plane, he wasn't the most friendly person out there. I kindly reminded him that at an event like Sun N Fun, which is an airshow/fly in - there are thousands of photographers and he should have known that. If he didn't want his plane photographed, then he should have drove instead of flown. On top of that, he parks his plane on the vintage aircraft line where there are bound to be a lot of photographers - rather than parking it in the camping area on the west side of the field where there are no photographers walking around. I told him that at a place like Sun N Fun, it is like those warning signs when you go into a club/bar that there will be photography in use. I understand taking a picture of his plane at his private hangar or parking spot at his home airport - but if you bring your plane to Sun N Fun, Osh Kosh etc - you pretty much waived everything

Please enable cross-origin resource to help web developer 
winc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Please enable cross-origin resource to help web developer Reply with quote

<add name="Access-Control-Allow-Origin" value="*" />

Request to add Frequency information to API 
slevitt2000

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Request to add Frequency information to API Reply with quote

Greetings,

Great service, love the data and API, THANK YOU!!!

Would it be possible to add all the Frequency data for the common stuff like ATIS, Clearance Delivery, Tower, ground, approach, etc, etc etc, to the API?

Thank you.

Jasin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,i am new here.
But i know how useful API can be here.
API is the system where more then two options set on the priority basis and also the level of marginity also affected, chances given on the basis of priority as well.
e.g. If one person ask for any service server requested in line, If first refused to serve service it will pass on to second one.
Core of the API is never leave customer empty handed, it help to give various options.
So i'm definitely up for enter here API! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: