Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Unique Airship Instruction in California.       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Buy, Sale & Trade

Unique Airship Instruction in California. 
Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Unique Airship Instruction in California. Reply with quote

Airship Ventures, based in California, is now offering a two-day course of instruction in flying their Zeppelin, EUREKA. Requirements are at least an FAA Private Pilot Certificate, current medical and fee of $2,950 per person plus taxes. The course consists of ground school, supervised stick time and a log book endorsement. Each student is guaranteed 30 minutes of left seat time. The time does not count toward a rating. Classes are limited to six students, and they will experience the difference between aerostatic and aerodynamic lift.

For reservations call: Randy Kolstad at (650) 969-8100, ext. 141. Airship Ventures operates the only commercial passenger Zeppelin in the United States. Their Zeppelin, one of only three thus far in the world, is made in Germany. It holds 12 passengers, has oversize windows some of which can be opened in flight, an on-board restroom and a rear love-seat for two.

I saw EUREKA flying south along the California coast last year, but didn't have my camera with me. The quietness of it at low altitude did not give me time for more than a turn to look at it's magnificence in near passing flight.

Collin045

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for an Ultralightl Helicopter project for sale. Partially finished Kit? Damaged Repairable frame & engine? Possibly even a fixed wing project? Extensive metal background, but I'd love to learn composite fabrication. Limited budget.

Is no longer... 
spb854

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Is no longer... Reply with quote

Such a shame that Airship Ventures went out of business. Would have been nice to get an airship rating.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Buy, Sale & Trade All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: