Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
N4101Z is Now Listed to Incorrect Manufacturer.       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Data Corrections

N4101Z is Now Listed to Incorrect Manufacturer. 
Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: N4101Z is Now Listed to Incorrect Manufacturer. Reply with quote

Apparently my Forum post was misunderstood by Admin here in my requesting a new manufacturer foil of Textron Aviation Inc. for my photos of N4101Z, a 2017 Textron Beech G36 BONANZA as this N4101Z registration has been used on several different make/model aircraft in the past, but now is valid only for a 2017 Textron Aviation, Inc. Beech G36 Bonanza.

The listing convention of this site for aircraft has always been year, manufacturer, model number/name of the aircraft in that order.

For Beech aircraft there have been three different manufacturers who have either designed and/or built and sold these aircraft.

First was Beech Aircraft Corporation founded by Walter Beech in April 1932, second to buy the business was Hawker Beechcraft and now since 2014 Textron Aviation Incorporated builds new Beech Aircraft, having purchased the rights from Hawker.

N4101Z is a 2017 G36 Bonanza built by Textron Aviation Inc. and is NOT a Beechcraft G36 as now listed. There are NO 2017 Hawker Beechcraft nor any Textron Beechcraft aircraft being built. Since the 2014 purchase by Textron all designs are Textron Beech by their registration convention with our FAA Registry. I again ask you to please honor it and fix the N4101Z foil to agree with it's official registration.

Malcolm Clarke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug.

It was me who responded to your request.

Forgive me if I quote from Wikipedia as follows.

Textron Aviation is the general aviation business unit of the Textron group that was formed in March 2014 following the acquisition of Beech Holdings which included the Beechcraft and Hawker Aircraft businesses. The new business unit includes the Textron-owned Cessna. Textron Aviation will sell Beechcraft, Cessna, and Hawker branded aircraft under common management.

The site will continue to use the manufacturer/brands as previous rather than adopt Textron as a manufacturing name, for example Cessna will continue as the manufacturing name for these aircraft.

We've had the discussion previously about the standing of registered descriptions and these are not always technically correct or complete.

I am currently in the process of correcting a long list of Canadair/Bombardier FAA entries.
CL-600-2B16 is not model specific and are Challenger 604 or 605 models.
Similarly CL-600-2B19 is also a group designation covering CRJ-100ER, CRJ-200ER,CRJ-200LR, etc.

I am NOT criticising the FAA in any way and fully accept that their entries are valid in accordance with their registration requirements, but I consider it to be important that the site correctly identifies specific model code/types.

All other G36 Bonanzas were already listed in the database as Beechcraft.

Malcolm.

p.s. I note that another member of the Admin Team has changed the name back to Textron. It is now Beechcraft!!

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. Please reread my second short paragraph. Your changes of the true manufacturer's name of an aircraft will just confuse the viewer, who you now expect to memorize dates of manufacturer change of any particular year aircraft model if not the original designer/manufacturer.

In my aircraft breakdown I have three sites alphabetically by manufacturer for all Beech designs which reflects the TRUE builders over the years of the Beech aircraft that I have photographed. I call this accuracy, and have been complimented for it.

There have been many consolidations of American military aircraft builders names, Northrop Grumman for example. By your twisted logic you would undue those names, just leading to more confusion. I strive for accuracy here. You want to use manufacturer/builder names which no longer exist for current aircraft builds.

Let me pose a question to you, Malcolm. When an airport changes its name, which happens, by your convention, (I hesitate to call it logic), are you going to keep the original name here in this site. Which will just cause confusion and loss of respect for this fine site? Please ponder that!

How about having Ken Wang, the Founder of this great aviation site give his views regarding accuracy of HIS site for both aircraft and airports. He needs to step in to keep HIS site healthy and respected. Perhaps a POLL should be started on this-Accuracy? or Confusion?

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malcolm,

With all due respect your interpretation of TRUE aircraft manufacturer names for photos uploaded here is absolutely counter to this sites' policy as stated clearly by Ken Wang on the CONTACT US page. PLEASE READ THE RULES OF THIS SITE. Then, follow the rules!

Your dismissal of the rules of this site is unfortunate and absolutely wrong. Also, you changed another Admin person's kind correction requested to falsify and confuse my description of the true builder of the 2017 G36 Bonanza N4101Z.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Data Corrections All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: