Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
SITE GLITCH IN ADDING NEW AIRCRAFT NOT IN DATABASE.       

SITE GLITCH IN ADDING NEW AIRCRAFT NOT IN DATABASE. 
Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: SITE GLITCH IN ADDING NEW AIRCRAFT NOT IN DATABASE. Reply with quote

Admin,

I am trying to add N864G to this site's aircraft section, but N864GA (a totally different aircraft) keeps coming up instead-asking me if I want to add another N864GA, repeatedly.

N864G is a legitimate FAA registration of a different aircraft I have photographed, a 2016 CUB CRAFTERS aircraft; but how do I get it uploaded correctly on this site? This problem seems to be a first for me, never encountering the glitch before.

And just why does this site no longer automatically at midnight of working days upload the entire FAA Aircraft registry to keep this site accurate? This website used to do just that. There are so many new or recent year aircraft at the latest AOPA Fly-IN that I have been manually adding them to this site (from the FAA Registry) so photographs can be correctly shown.

But now, with N864G that can't happen. That needs fixing.

XCub 
L-5jockey

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: XCub Reply with quote

Hello Doug,

I've added N864G to the database;
http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/N864G.html

Did a DB search to make sure it not already listed. Then Used the aircraft 'drop-down' menu, under the page header banner; and chose 'ADD NEW AIRCRAFT'.
Copied details from FAA USCR site.

I believe syncing this site with the FAA database, creates DUPLICATES of almost every entry. The Admin stopped syncing the DB several years ago.
There must be some coding issues, that were creating the duplicate MESS..

As a side note, I do not see that much activity on this site, especially in the forums, as there was years ago. Possibly because this website isn't exactly mobile device compatible.

Just my 2 Cents

Regards

John

P.S. Yep search does go directly to N864GA when one enters N864G... must be the closest match.

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thanks to you, John. I simply wasn't able to do it because the wrong aircraft always came up-as stated-that was a new error mode for me here. Will get around to uploading more aircraft photos soon. I am way behind when shooting 2-300/on event days.

Have been busy corresponding with a Czech aircraft photographer who is using this site and my photos to good advantage--this is a world-wide hobby. I am not too computer literate, and not ashamed to reveal that.

I believe you are right re the Forums-I am contemplating ending the Quizzes. I no longer enter Aviation Events-which was a big job and always needed almost daily updating.

Doug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: