Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Website Down       

Website Down 
jhoannarango

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject: Website Down Reply with quote

Hello,

I am sure everyone who comes to this site regularly noticed that the website was down last week, for about a week or two. I am curious if this is an issue that often happens. At some point I had given up thinking that the site was down for good.

I understand that things like these may happen from time to time, but there was no way of communication about the issue or where to get that information.

My question is, if something like this happens again, is there anyone that can be contact so that we can bring it to that persons attention? Perhaps they do not visit the website often and do not notice that the site is down. Or is there anything that can be done to help the website running 24/7?

I am willing to volunteer some of my time to help with this issue if someone wants to contact me about it please let me know.

Chris Hall

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken Wang is the owner of the site and can be contacted on info@airport-data.com

Dave Turpie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site goes down a few times a year and I have never seen any communication. I have decided to primarily use another site which has a selection process and the quality of the pictures is considerably better than many posted here.

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It went down for quite a while last January or so, down for several weeks. I was able to get ahold of Ken and talked to him a little. He must have gotten it up and running. It is frustrating, especially when you invested now 12 years and 100,000+ pictures to a site only to wonder if it is down for good. I also post on netairspace, however they got hacked last summer and they were down for several weeks too. Fortunately they had everything backed up and they had to change domain names. The other fortunate thing is they are very active on their facebook site so they can communicate there. I don't think airport-data has a facebook site anymore, or it is completely dead now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: