Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Posters who do not identify their aircrafts full information       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aviation Photography

Posters who do not identify their aircrafts full information 
Canonman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject: Posters who do not identify their aircrafts full information Reply with quote

I have seen many incomplete profiles for posted aircraft and I was thinking that either the poster is lazy or doesn't care what the profile looks like. with a little bit of searching a lot of the information is available. Yes, I know there is a bug in some of the posting profiles, but if you post a picture, please make sure you have the right profile, if there isn't one, make the new one for your photo. The Admins have a lot to do with corrections.

Malcolm Clarke

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canonman makes a very good point and I also suspect that some members do not take the trouble to check the validity of their uploads and that there is a failure to report errors that they are aware of but unable to correct themselves.

Also, at times, the volume of uploads is such that new images rapidly move on from the Recent Aircraft Photos section and therefore enter the database before they can be assessed and any errors will remain uncorrected. It is not feasible for Admin to trawl the database in order to seek and correct these.

Whilst there are no stated upload limitations on the number of images of an aircraft taken at a single event, the above situation is aggravated by members who regularly upload large numbers of such images; recently one member uploaded 20 images, others regularly up to 10 images. I doubt that so many images are of great interest to those who view the site.

This statement from Ken Wang made some years ago is still valid but is clearly and regularly ignored by some members.

Duplicate or identical photos

Recently we have noticed a very disturbing trend: more and more members uploading similar even almost-identical shots to the website. While we still proud ourselves as a no-screening, free uploading site, duplicated shots from same photographer adds no value to the site. Please refrain yourself from doing so.

So we have to emphasise our uploading policy again:

• All uploaded photos are subject to screening by our admin team. We reserve the rights to delete any photo in our sole discretion.
• Any duplicated or almost-identical shots from the same photographer will be deleted without notice.
• Occasionally we will move photos between airport and aircraft section.
Please go through your gallery, check for duplicated or almost-identical shots and delete them. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Let's work together to make this site a better place for our hobby.

Valid and objective comment is welcome.

Malcolm.
Admin Team.

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I been trying to separate my images in groups especially if I have 20-30 shots of one particular plane such as at an airshow. I been sorting them so I post maybe 3-4 shots now, then a year from now when I get around to my next round of postings another couple so it isn't bombarded at once. Also is kind of cool because I still have some USAirways and Air Tran stuff and other airlines no longer around that will be posted at a later date.

some of it is lazy posting by members, they don't want to take the time to make the corrections. I can understand someone mixing up some rare homebuilt aircraft or mixing up Cessna 172s with Cessna 182s, where a tail number used to be on an RV-6 but now on an RV-9. However when someone posts a picture of an RV-9 but it's under a Beech Baron profile, it tells me A. you don't know aircraft well or B. just being lazy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aviation Photography All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: