Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Airport photo edited photo then it vanished....      Goto page 1, 2  Next 

Airport photo edited photo then it vanished.... 
Ztex

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Airport photo edited photo then it vanished.... Reply with quote

I found that I had transposed the number on an airport photo, it was in the wrong profile. Ie; 78TX was entered as TX78. I clicked the edit button and corrected the entry. Now I cannot find the photo. It is not in either profile.

I did this twice this morning TX78 from 78TX and TA56 from TA56 ...with two different photos and they have both vanished.

Any clues?

Thanks
Zane

Chris Hall

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zane

I have found and moved the two photos for Baylor University Medical Center Grapevine Heliport (78TX). But cannot find the TA56 / 56TA photo's

will have another look

Chris

Chris Hall

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TA56 / 56TA photo now moved

Ztex

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...it still not correct and I tried again to correct it and the photos vanish...

78TX is Baylor Medical Center...there are zero photos there now.
http://www.airport-data.com/airport/78TX/

TX78 is Block Ranch Airport...and there are zero photos there now either....
http://www.airport-data.com/airport/TX78/

56TA is Dallas/Fort Worth Medical center...now only one photo (previously two)
http://www.airport-data.com/airport/56TA/

argh...

Ztex

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funkiness abounds...Today I discovered that 12 photos that were previously in my unknown aircraft folder are now in my Airports section and Unorganized, No Folder status....

What the heck is going on?

Question Question

Chris Hall

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zane

As the admin team tackle the 20 or so thousand photo's without a profile ( a huge job, as you can imagine ) It has been decided that any photo where the aircraft cannot have its ID confirmed, will be moved to the airport section.

We still have nearly 2000 images labelled as unknown or NONE instead of a reg number, several uploaded within the last few days

This also applies to images of multiple aircraft flying in formation where none have been IDed ( I have seen that you have these images in an Airshow folder and are in the Airport section ) and the dozens of photo's of model aircraft.

requests and hints have been put on the forum boards in the past asking members to look at their collections and make any amendments needed. See post 6 in this thread

http://www.airport-data.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=8935&highlight=#8935

and post 5 and 15 in this thread

http://www.airport-data.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=8258&highlight=#8258

In the past I have sent PM's and/or emails to members asking them to either add profiles or amend errors and had no reply

regards

Chris

[/b]

Last edited by Chris Hall on Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chris Hall

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ztex wrote:
Well...it still not correct and I tried again to correct it and the photos vanish...

78TX is Baylor Medical Center...there are zero photos there now.
http://www.airport-data.com/airport/78TX/

TX78 is Block Ranch Airport...and there are zero photos there now either....
http://www.airport-data.com/airport/TX78/

56TA is Dallas/Fort Worth Medical center...now only one photo (previously two)
http://www.airport-data.com/airport/56TA/

argh...

The photo's were there yesterday when I moved them at your request, Can you supply the photo ID's from your collection or post links to them and I will look at it again for you.

Thanks

Chris

Ztex

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,

Thanks for the explanation. I thought we had a hacker or something going on. BTW, I never received said PM. I have endevoured to ID my aircraft. Some will never be done so It make since to do something with them and not to clog up the database. I set up an unknown folder in my stuff but that still leaves them in the Aircraft Database. I guess I'll move some to my Airshow folder and the rest in my airports.

Thanks,

I will also look for the photo ID of the missing airport photos...or just try and reload them.

Thanks,
Zane

Chris Hall

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ztex wrote:
Chris,

I set up an unknown folder in my stuff but that still leaves them in the Aircraft Database. I guess I'll move some to my Airshow folder and the rest in my airports.

That's the best way to deal with them and they will become searchable through the front page, someone may then see the image an help with an ID. Hopefully other members will read this and do the same with their collections.

Thanks for your help

Chris

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin Team,

The edit photo and then lose the photo issue that Zane brought up here still exists. Unless the edit takes place right after a new photo is uploaded-the entire photo on an older photo edit disappears. I assure you I have not been hitting the adjacent Delete line.

I have been reloading the disappeared photo with new caption edits from my old files.

Please experiment-take one of your older photos, whether aircraft or airport, edit it and see the disappearance-It happens every time to my older edits.

Chris Hall

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just edited the description of one of my photo's in the airport section ( at EGDR RNAS Culdrose ) and it has now vanished. Even with the additional tools available to the Admin Team I am unable to relocate it.

As a note of caution, If you are going to edit some info, download the image to your hard drive first just in-case it vanishes, then you still have a copy that you can reupload

Edited Airport Photo 
Helicopterfriend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Edited Airport Photo Reply with quote

Ken, I just edited an Airport photo and before doing the edit, I copied the picture number, AP21494. After editing it, it disappeared. I then searched for my picture by number and it came up with the following changes

1. It changed the name PAN to THE AIRPOR
2. It put my photographer's name in description,
3. It left out my members ID and place a 0 (zero) in the box, and
4. It moved my e-mail up a box.

I couldn't get the photo to go back to PAN, it would not except the corrections.

I don't know what I did, but I got the photo back after leaving the edit area, going to the home page, typed in the photo number, got the photo back and corrected it and it took and moved the picture back into the appropriate folder.

Lost 2 more photos, (AP12232 & AP 12233) could have been caused by 99L airport is no longer available, I was editing the airport because it was deemed not active and no longer used

Maybe this will help

Walt

THoff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrishall wrote:
As a note of caution, If you are going to edit some info, download the image to your hard drive first just in-case it vanishes, then you still have a copy that you can reupload
The picture should also be in your browser's cache.

For example, if you use Internet Explorer, go to Tools -> Internet Options -> General -> Browsing History -> Settings -> View Files.

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a look ASAP.

Ken

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bug is fixed. I am terriblely sorry for the trouble.

Non photo is missing, just the airport codes and member ids attached to the photos are lost. I will restore Walt's 3 photos as they can be easily found. For others please provide photo IDs or as much info as possible so I can find the photos back.

Again I am very sorry for the bug.

Ken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: