Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
suggestion for new feature       

suggestion for new feature 
Micha Lueck

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: suggestion for new feature Reply with quote

Hi Guys

is it possible to add a feature like "correct aircraft data" at the bottom of the photos? Sometimes the data of aircraft is wrong, for various reasons. Either it is uploaded wrongly, or there are two a/c with the same registration - one being historical and not registered any longer, the other one current... Or there are simply typos while uploading...

Cheers
micha

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Micha,

Yes that's kinda in my plan, but my idea is simple: A registered and logged in member can relink a photo to a different airframe/aircraft. If the photo show an airframe that doesn't exist in our database, then it has to be added first.

As fix other people's typo, I am not sure if it's approperiate. Any comments?

Ken

BIKE PILOT

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Micha

Most errors can be corrected by the photographer if they are pointed out to them as they have access to there own photos just contact them, i've had two typos pointed out to me by other members. Also additional information such as date or location etc. if unknown could be passed to the photographer.

Neil

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen and ignored a number of typographical or other errors on the site, particularly from non-members who have no opportunity to correct an error. Joining is free and easy, and permits editing. I am always grateful to those who have found my errors-occasionally anyone can miss or make a typo.

I do not believe others should ever be allowed change caption data on photos not their own. That could get chaotic and argumentative. I had one very early example of an email criticism that was in fact incorrect. There is the better way-just contact the member via the site and be sure of your facts, perhaps with a reference, if appropriate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: