Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Thunderbirds and Blue Angels       

Thunderbirds and Blue Angels 
John Little

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Thunderbirds and Blue Angels Reply with quote

It is again sad to see that Colorado (other than the USAF Academy Flyover) is not scheduled for either group for 2011 in a General Aviation Airshow Program. I know that the Thunderbirds were caused a great deal of problems and significant embarrasement in 2009 by the failure of the event operators at what was the EAA supported but not sanctioned Airshow at Front Range Airport when the Thunderbird team did all the research, and was then spurned by the less than professional and very un-classy reception by the moron Airport Manager at Denver International Airport, and a lack of effort of work for a new venue by the former event operators at Front Range, but there was a lot of us hoping that this would not cause a permanant scar for Colorado. Apparantly a lot of us were wrong. We miss not seeing one or the other team coming to town. Now if a few of us could figure out how to talk with the Team's and find out what we can do to earn their trust, and get them to once again look at Colorado as a valuable and fun place to put on aa show.

Bluedharma

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really is a sad situation. I am also afraid that much of this is in fact a permanent scar for the state of Colorado.

Looks like we (in Colorado) all will have to travel to Cheyenne,WY for frontier days to see any air events of this magnitude.

http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/Bluedharma;1045/
bluedharmaairportdata@gmail.com

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to fret, The US Thunderbirds will give a show at the academy this year (Colorado Springs). I have posted both schedules for 2011. The Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds with only a couple TBAs.

Ztex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for you Colorado folks...but WOOT the Blues and the T-birds will be in Fort Worth this year! Rare occurrence cool beans!

angelblue15

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of these days I am going to run into you at Sun N Fun - infact I may have talked to you before there because if that is you in the picture you look familiar.

I am just finally posting my Sun N Fun pictures from the last day.

www.chessrivals.net

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: