Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Sort function      Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next 

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for fun, as of Sept 28, 2011 10:41pm,

Total views of aircraft photos are 67,563,696,
Total views of airport photos are 6,414,024.

These views also count bots (such as search engine spiders).

For reference, we have 652,024 aircraft photos, and 22,936 airport photos. So each aircraft photo gets about 100 views, and airport ones get about 280 views each.

Ken

red750

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I'm complaining, but I have to wonder about the view count on my most viewed image, an RAAF Bristol Freighter at the RAAF Museum - tail number A81-1, which has 1364 views, with the next highest at 253 views. I'm sure I have more impressive photos or aircraft than the Bristol Freighter!

Peter.

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps most people come here to look for a particular type of aircraft, or even an aircraft, instead of surfing around.

Ken

Ztex

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's funny that my most viewed photo is not even a real airplane! LOL

It is a Photoshop combo of a real airport shot with a model of the Millennium Falcon. I took the photo of the actual model used in the Star Wars movie when it was on display at a local museum during the Star Wars movie prop tour.

http://www.airport-data.com/images/aircraft/small/121/121830.jpg

My second highest is an airplane owned (formerly) by Oil magnate T. Boone Pickens....

Third is comedian Bill Cosby's Gulfstream...

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem with new Sort Function. I have enabled the Sort function for my aircraft photos but it does not allow me to pick WHICH sort function. I want to sort by shot date rather than by upload date. The menu seems frozen on Sort by Upload date for me.

I tried picking in advance which sort function also, from the example menu. That doesn't work, either.

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I double checked both front end (as myself viewing your gallery), and member section (logged in as you), both seem worked fine.

Could you provide more details about the problem? Screenshot would be best, step by step to reproduce the issue is also great.

Thanks,

Ken

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Ken

I log in and go to Member section of the Member page. I select Sort Function Enable to enable it and it then shows disable. The sort choice menu then shows the choices. I click on Sort by shot date and nothing happens. The default is Sort by Upload date and I don't want that. I have also tried to select from the example menu first, and that doesn't work either. I have also tried dragging my choice and that doesn't work either.

I am not too computer-literate and can't supply any more info such as a screen shot or shots.

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Robertson wrote:

I log in and go to Member section of the Member page. I select Sort Function Enable to enable it and it then shows disable. The sort choice menu then shows the choices. I click on Sort by shot date and nothing happens. The default is Sort by Upload date and I don't want that.

Click on "Sort by upload" or the arrow button to the right, you should see a list of sort choices. Choose the one you want.

By default the program choose "Sort by upload".

Doug Robertson wrote:

I have also tried to select from the example menu first, and that doesn't work either. I have also tried dragging my choice and that doesn't work either.

The example is acutally an image, thus it does not work.

Ken

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken,

Still no joy. After enabling the Sort function, clicking on either the arrow or on my choice of sort function has no effect.

I have to leave now-will try again tomorrow. In the meantime, can the admin just change to my choice of Sort by shot date?

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's take another look before giving up the function.

After you log in, enter "Aircraft Photos" page, it should look like this:

Click on the sort list (shows "Upload Date (latest first)"), you should see this:

Then click again on the one you like.

Can you reproduce the steps above?

Ken

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Ken,

I was trying to select the Sort feature from the Account Info page under Selections, not from the aircraft entry page. But, having now selected the Shot Date, the new feature does not reliably sort my aircraft photos by shot date, giving a mishmash, so I will stay as before with Upload date.

Bottom line: The new feature does not reliably sort (group) my aircraft photo entries by shot date. I have explored several random pages of aircraft photos with same result.

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it's working fine. Please check the attached image. Photos are sorted by the shot date correctly (highlighted in red), though you might want to fix the shot date on them.

Ken

photo-sort-dougr.png
 Description:
Screenshot of photo sort function

Download
 Filename:  photo-sort-dougr.png
 Filesize:  76.05 KB
 Downloaded:  1818 Time(s)

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be such a nag about this, but on recent 4 September 2011 I shot 171 photos and entered most all of them-shouldn't all shot on that date be sorted and shown BEFORE any of the hundreds shot on 27 August 2011, for example, if the Sort by shot date is elected? Paging through my aircraft photos shows no group/date sort of correct correspondences. (I do not have any year 2020 shots shown in your highlighted example-where those errors came from is unknown; not my entry errors).

The example you have highlighted exactly shows the sort problem I addressed.

I did look at my Sort by Views section and that one had no misplaced view count sorts; so that function does work for me.

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Robertson wrote:
Sorry to be such a nag about this, but on recent 4 September 2011 I shot 171 photos and entered most all of them-shouldn't all shot on that date be sorted and shown BEFORE any of the hundreds shot on 27 August 2011, for example, if the Sort by shot date is elected? Paging through my aircraft photos shows no group/date sort of correct correspondences. (I do not have any year 2020 shots shown in your highlighted example-where those errors came from is unknown; not my entry errors).

Yes it should. The 2020 issue may be caused by the program misunderstanding EXIF info (data embedded in photos). What I am trying to say is it did sort the photos by date, that's why the one shot in 2211 comes first.

By the way, the photos are sort by date, not time. So all photos shot in same day can be in any order.

Ken

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Doug,

I fixed the date on photos shown in my previous example ( to year in 2011 or 2010). Now you can see at top of list, is photos shot on 2011-09-04, as you described.

On your screen, do you see the sort option list "Upload Date (latest first)", as show in the new screenshot below?

Ken

photo-sort2-dougr.png
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  photo-sort2-dougr.png
 Filesize:  79.26 KB
 Downloaded:  1860 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Chitchat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: