Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Interesting rule      Goto page Previous  1, 2 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aviation Photography

RWB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a coincedence, this person is Rich Johnson

Ztex

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These people are knuckleheads...

I see this in the SAT website...
"May not film or photograph the equipment and/or personnel at the security checkpoint. In the event that enhanced security procedures are mandated by either the FAA or TSA, there may be certain additional restrictions on media access"

And then I see this on the TSA blog site...

"We don’t prohibit public, passengers or press from photographing, videotaping, or filming at screening locations. You can take pictures at our checkpoints as long as you’re not interfering with the screening process or slowing things down. We also ask that you do not film or take pictures of our monitors."

http://blog.tsa.gov/2009/03/can-i-take-photos-at-checkpoint-and.html

Which is right?
Why make it so messy?

And the Long term parking lot roof is a long way from 90% of the action.

Oh well....

RWB

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ztex wrote:
These people are knuckleheads...
And the Long term parking lot roof is a long way from 90% of the action.
Oh well....

Exactly! In all fairness this is the response from Rich Johnson as to why it wasn't added,
Quote:
We have not had a chance to add yet....the new site had a content freeze while being tested.

I'll take the man for his word and wait a while, it's an updated site. I know the garage sucks, but to have it officially listed on their site would be better than what they have now which is nothing.

RWB

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was quicker that I thought Shocked
http://www.sanantonio.gov/SAT/MediaCenter/FilmingattheAirport.aspx
Quote:
Amateur Photography and "Plane Spotting"

The official location sanctioned by San Antonio International Airport for amateur photography and "Plane Spotting" is the top level of the Long Term Parking Garage. Although this is allowed, those who choose to observe aircraft or photograph aircraft and the surrounding area are subject to questioning by airport police, security and personnel. Please be prepared to present legal and proper identification at all times.

Viva San Antonio!

Ztex

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice inviting statement... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Compared to this....it is unbelievable how obtuse they are at KSAT.

http://www.dfwairport.com/founders/index.php

RWB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ztex wrote:
Nice inviting statement... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Compared to this....it is unbelievable how obtuse they are at KSAT.

http://www.dfwairport.com/founders/index.php

I know, but it's a start on their part. I've stated my views to them about the whole "ID" thing, especially when one is in an public area where they say you can plane spot. The last time an officer asked for my ID, I gave it to him under protest and stated my views on certain rights and ACLUs concerns on activity like this, definitely got his attention!

They have a new terminal to build soon and maybe by having this area officially acknowledged they will see they have more important things to worry about and a observation desk can be incorporated in the design of the building, or an area like Founders Plaza off the end of 12R across the highway. Our city loves to waste money on stuff like that, pet projects and such. One key to something like that happening is getting other people involved, not just spotters but business leaders and some of the local aviation community. And that idea is getting kicked around, baby steps! Laughing

Ztex

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a start.

Founder Plaza was a public private partnership. Corporate sponsors and some DFW money and a push from Jay Miller (Photographer) and Jan Collmer (aerobatic pilot and former DFW board chair) made it possible.

Maybe SAT needs to hear from some well heeled local aviation types that could influance the SAT board to make room for the community and biuld some good will for the city and the airport. Rod Lewis? Chuck Aaron (Red Bull pilot) ?

Contact Frank Miller....write him a letter and tell him what you think...get your friends to write....ya never know.
http://www.sanantonio.gov/annualreport/execprofiles/FMiller.pdf

http://www.aero-news.net/Subscribe.cfm?do=main.textpost&id=73585676-d384-4237-9119-830a0abbad47

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aviation Photography All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: