Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Aviation Museum at Cincinnati       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Civil Aviation

Aviation Museum at Cincinnati 
Charlie Pyles

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Aviation Museum at Cincinnati Reply with quote

The Cincinnati Aviation Heritage Society & Museum is located at Cincinnati Lunken Airport KLUK specializing in General and Commercial aviation. See the web site at www.cahslunken.org

The museum is in the process of raising cash so they can leave the terminal building and move in to hangar space. There's a fundraising button to help with the restoration of the Stinson Reliant.

Airplanes so far:
Smith Termite no Reg
Rutan Vari-Viggen N212RS
Stinson SR-10C Reliant N3BU ex NC18496
Full Scale replica 1903 Wright Flyer coming soon.
Hovey Whing Ding II coming soon.

AAA Logo.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.49 KB
 Viewed:  21262 Time(s)

AAA Logo.jpg

Last edited by Charlie Pyles on Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Malcolm Clarke

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the correct web address, omit the final full stop!

www.cahslunken.org

Malcolm.

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Cincinnati, whatever happened to that B-17 that was being restored at Blue Ash that I was reading about? I know Blue Ash recently closed but there was supposed to be a B-17 being worked on there.

Blue Ash B-17 
L-5jockey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Blue Ash B-17 Reply with quote

The Cincinnati-Blue Ash Airport B-17E - is display at National World War II Museum New Orleans, LA (static display after Jan 2013)

B-17E 41-9032 "My Gal Sal"

http://www.nationalww2museum.org/about-the-museum/index.html

http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1079123/

Some comments about the "My Gal Sal" from the Aerovintage blog:

B-17E My Gal Sal Hung with Incorrect Propellers?: Well, yes, eagle eye Patrick noted in a recent email that rare B-17E 41-9032 appears to have had wide chord "paddle blade" propellers installed prior to it being hung from the ceiling of the National World War II Museum in New Orleans. The wide chord props were used on the B-17F and B-17G to provide increase performance, but the earlier B-17E had visibly narrower chord "broomstick" props. I have no direct knowledge, but would suppose that the museum needed to replace the belly-landed bent propellers that came with airplane with undamaged propellers, and it is much easier to find the wide chord blades (same as the DC-3/C-47, I believe) than the early and rarer narrow chord Hamilton Standards.

For purists, the B-17 propeller hub was the 23E50 and the early narrow chord blades were, mostly, the 6153A-18 blade and wide chord blade was, mostly, the 6477A-0 blade. Variation seemed to have existed, but this seems to be the standard. The 1946 CAA Limited Type Certificate for the B-17F and B-17G, but the way, list both blades as usable with that propeller hub on the F and G.

(links edited/added june22)

John

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Civil Aviation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: