Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
40,057 Beech aircraft missing?       

40,057 Beech aircraft missing? 
Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: 40,057 Beech aircraft missing? Reply with quote

I am trying to trace a Beech model 17 with unknown N registration, hoping I can find a color-matched, etc photo to one of mine. I knew of one that matched under two different subsequent owners based at OXR many years ago.

Yet, when I click on Beech in Browse Aircraft by Manufacture it lists (40057) and NOTHING COMES UP!

What happened to those 40,057 Beech-made aircraft? And why can they not be accessed on this site?

Access to Aircraft Listings 
Malcolm Clarke

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject: Access to Aircraft Listings Reply with quote

Doug.

Whilst I am unable to resolve your difficulty, I may have an understanding of the reason for it.

The 40,057 Beech-made aircraft are indeed in the database but are not accessible in their entirety, as with Cessna (161134), Piper (102386) and Boeing (33954).

However Bell (18171) is accessible and logic causes me to believe that somewhere between 33954 and 18171, the system software imposes a limit on access.

Those which are not accessible through the Browse Aircraft by Manufacture can be accessed through the Search Aircraft Model field on the front page but only the first 1,000 in the list are shown.

I must stress that this is my personal conclusion; only Ken, I believe, would be able to help further.

As you will understand, this lack of access is unhelpful from an editing standpoint. I have raised this matter with Ken in the past but have not received a response.

Malcolm.

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Malcolm, your thoughts and analysis jibe with mine. But, one has to wonder-why aren't then the first 1,000 Beech aircraft even shown in the Aircraft Manufacturer section? That is bizarre. (No reply needed). The site has several Manufacturer variations of Beech aircraft's name, some with company ownership change. And, they list aircraft.

Some years ago Ken upgraded to a new server with much more memory. He no longer responds to his email address. It is a dead link, so I have to wonder "Who's on first?" to cite the old Abbott & Costello classic baseball joke routine.

Perhaps I will chance to see that yellow Beech 17 Staggerwing again and get its N number directly.

Malcolm Clarke

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahem ... forgive me for suggesting this but .... both http://www.airliners.net/search/ and http://www.abpic.co.uk/ have illustrations of a number of yellow Staggerwings.

You just might see the airframe you are looking for there!!

Malcolm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: