Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Goodyear Blimp       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Data Corrections

Goodyear Blimp 
Guy Pambrun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: Goodyear Blimp Reply with quote

Re: http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/N4A.html

This is not N4A and it is not in Goodyears current fleet of blimps. It could be N1A but I'm not 100% sure. I've searched a lot of photographs on the net and that's the only one I can find with that angled tail configuration and a number on it.

N4A is this aircraft according to the FAA.... http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/N4A.html#aircraft871620 ( Note the difference in the tail fins. N4A has fins that are 90 degrees to the body, the others do not. )

This site has 3 different aircraft listed for N4A and in order to find the correct one a person has to click one that comes up on an initial search. Then they have to choose " 1983 Goodyear GZ-20A " if they see it. If one didn't know which was correct they will end up with the wrong one. I added the correct one and it is listed on this site as " 1983 Goodyear GZ-20A ". If you could correct the info on the other 3 that would be great.

It was N4A Loral GZ-22 
L-5jockey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: It was N4A Loral GZ-22 Reply with quote

Beg to differ with you Guy, but that is N4A (out of a few that were registered as N4A, although not at same time)
You are correct that it is no longer in the current fleet.

Photo ID: AC73689
http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/000073689.html

It was replaced by a 'new' N4A registered GZ-20 of which you have two photos posted under N4A.

The GZ-22 (N4A) c/n 4120, named "Spirit of Akron", was retired after deflating in November 1999. (post crash October 28th). It was designed by Goodyear and built by Loral Corp as a proof-of-concept for military.

It was turbine powered.
The N4A registration markings are visible on the engine mount/cowling(s)..

Regards

John

Guy Pambrun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies. I would have noticed that when I scrolled down while at the FAA site.

Is there not a way to place Registered or De-registered in the name when a search is done or identify the current one in some way. By looking at the three aircraft listed nobody knows which one is active unless they look very close at all three.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Data Corrections All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: