Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
how to add alternative code/Name for same registration       

how to add alternative code/Name for same registration 
juju777

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject: how to add alternative code/Name for same registration Reply with quote

hello, how to add alternative code/Name for same registration ??
for example add new code 4-HU to Rafale B n°322 ex 113-HU

Malcolm Clarke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add a further airframe to an existing registration, open up the profile page for the registration in question.
In the top LH corner you will see the instruction "Add another XXXXX".
Click on this to find a two page list to be completed with as much information as possible.

We wish more uploaders would take advantage of this feature as quite often images are uploaded to the correct registration but the wrong airframe even though the upload page clearly shows the target profile.

Please advise if we may help further.

Malcolm.
Admin.

juju777

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know to add a new model with an existing registration but i would update the alternate code for a tail number, specially for military aircraft which keep it's tail number but can change military code/alternate code during it's life in an Air Force.

Chris Hall

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the aircraft profile, under the heading "Aircraft" you will find "Alternative Code/Name:" next to this is a small pencil icon, click on it and it opens a new window to add the data

Malcolm Clarke

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris.

Surely pencil items are only available to the Admin team!

Clearly I misunderstood the original enquiry.

Aircraft codes are entered under the "Alternative Code/Name:" heading in the "Aircraft" section of the profile. All the various codes in an airframe's life are entered in this section without raising a new profile, including any name given to the aircraft.

Unfortunately "Alternative Code/Name:" is not included under the heading "Correct or submit additional aircraft data" on the profile stage and therefore I suggest that changes and additions to this section are requested using the the "Comment on this aircraft" which is also on the profile page.

Or to put it more succinctly, submit a Comment describing the code addition and Admin will make the change.

Malcolm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: