Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
The site failure in early 2019       

The site failure in early 2019 
Dave Turpie

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject: The site failure in early 2019 Reply with quote

I have not seen any commentary on what happened to this site early this year, why it took so long to fix it (who was responsible?), and what has been done to assure it won't recur. Have I missed it? I don't want to add additional pictures if the folks maintaining the site won't communicate.

Site failure 2019 
Helicopterfriend

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject: Site failure 2019 Reply with quote

Dave, the site Administer is/was responsible for the site. Several members & moderators attempted to have the site fixed, but most of the e-mails went un-answered. Then the site started coming back and I never heard why/who or how. I was working on closing over 14,000 erroneous tickets and it seems everyone else (Mods) were busy. It has been pretty steady since it came back on line. I have no other information, but maybe somebody else does.

Helicopterfriend - Walt

Dave Turpie

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. This whole episode seems very unprofessional to me.

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what to say. It is pretty frustrating, a lot for me since I have spent a lot of time on here uploading pictures. Here it was down for another week. I have been posting stuff at netairspace in the meantime.

Not sure what to say about the issues. Ken is the owner of the site, but not sure if he is really active in maintaining it like he used to. He used to be a regular on here. He seemed to get my emails but not some of the moderators emails when I sent him stuff about the site being down last winter. I sent another email this week and I just checked this morning and found the site up. Hopefully it stays up.

Obviously it is a free site and costs money to run. I would not be against putting ads on here to keep the site free for us but also help cost maintaining it. I am sure there might be a bandwidth issue- we might have to limit size of pictures more to like 1600 wide max. Or like netairspace does - free members max size is 1600 wide, but if you pay for a membership of $15 a year you can have up to 2200 wide.

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall seeing some ads on the Home Page in the past but not often-hardly much of a money maker, my opinion.

Dave Turpie

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really bugged that there appears to be no communication, from who ever runs this site, on what's the future of the site. Facts are friendly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: