Chris Hall's Photo Gallery

Total 76564 pictures. 53 in this folder.   Contact    Home

 
 Gallery Home

Aircraft and aiport photos are sorted separately. Airport photos always shown after aircraft photos.

XS903 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
The museums event was called “Thunder Day”, we also had lots of rain and a Lightning
XX901 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
Buccaneer S2B. XX901 had an illustrious service record with the Royal Air Force. It was saved from scrapping by the Buccaneer Aircrew Association and is painted in the Gulf War scheme, including the 'Flying Mermaid' nose art.
G-AMYJ photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
Recently had is Pratt & Whitney R-1830 Twin Wasp radial engines rebuild and are now running again
BAPC041 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
Royal Aircraft Factory BE2c, The Yorkshire Air Museum's replica was built by the apprentices at RAF Halton and was used by the Royal Air Force as a display aircraft for many years.
BAPC130 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
The Museum's Blackburn Mercury Monoplane replica was built for Yorkshire Television for the Edwardian drama series 'Flambards', and was taxied with a car engine
XV250 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
After retiring from RAF Kinloss, Nimrod XV250 arrived at the Yorkshire Air Museum on 13th April 2010
WH903 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
Canberra cockpit
LV907 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
The Museum’s Halifax reconstruction is based on a section of the fuselage of Halifax II, HR792, which carried out an emergency landing on the Isle of Lewis in 1945. The wings came from Hastings, TG536
WS788 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
The Museum's aircraft was built at Bagington, Coventry, in February 1954. In July 1954, it was issued to 152 Squadron at Wattisham. It served with the No.1 Air Navigation School at Thorney Island and later at No.2 School at Stradishall
N-268 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
Hunter FGA.78. The Museum's aircraft was originally a Mk 6, built under licence in Holland and served with the Royal Dutch Air Force before conversion to an FGA.78. It was with the Qatar Air Force for ten years, coming to the Museum in 1992.
538 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
Dassault Mirage IIIE 538, was presented to the Museum by the French Air Force. It had been flown in 1972 by Museum member, Colonel Denis Turina, whose father flew from Elvington in the Second World War. The aircraft last flew in 1993.
538 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
Dassault Mirage IIIE 538, was presented to the Museum by the French Air Force. It had been flown in 1972 by Museum member, Colonel Denis Turina, whose father flew from Elvington in the Second World War. The aircraft last flew in 1993.
G-BKDT photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
Designed by H P Folland in 1916, and built at the Royal Aircraft Factory, Farnborough, the SE.5a was a single-seat biplane ‘fighting scout’ powered by a Hispano-Suiza derived water-cooled V8 engine
G-KOOL photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
The de Havilland DH104 Devon was a military version of the de Havilland Dove short-haul airliner, one of Britain’s most successful post-war civil designs.
XL502 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
The Museum's aircraft, previously at Sandtoft, Lincolnshire, was the last Gannet in service with No 849 Squadron and the last Gannet to display at air shows
G-AMYJ photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
recently repainted,now minus its D-Day invasion stripes
XS903 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
now fitted with over wing fuel tanks
WL168 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
Meteor F8, WL168 was built at Hucclecote as part of the last batch of the 1090 F.8s built and entered service with the Royal Air Force in February 1954. For the first year it was with 111 Squadron at North Weald, then with 604 Sqn at the same airfield
XV250 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
After retiring from RAF Kinloss, Nimrod XV250 arrived at the Yorkshire Air Museum on 13th April 2010
WS788 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
The Museum's aircraft was built at Bagington, Coventry, in February 1954. In July 1954, it was issued to 152 Squadron at Wattisham. It served with the No.1 Air Navigation School at Thorney Island and later at No.2 School at Stradishall
XZ631 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
Tornado GR4 XZ631, which arrived at Elvington on 22 March 2005, first flew on 24 November 1978 as pre-series aircraft P15 and was the prototype for the conversion work to GR.4 standard carried out by British Aerospace at Warton, Lancashire.
G-BKDT photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
Designed by H P Folland in 1916, and built at the Royal Aircraft Factory, Farnborough, the SE.5a was a single-seat biplane ‘fighting scout’ powered by a Hispano-Suiza derived water-cooled V8 engine
BAPC157 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
The CG-4A was a wartime troop or cargo-carrying glider made by the Waco Aircraft Company in Ohio, USA. It was named Hadrian when in service with the British forces.
WS788 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
The Museum's aircraft was built at Bagington, Coventry, in February 1954. In July 1954, it was issued to 152 Squadron at Wattisham. It served with the No.1 Air Navigation School at Thorney Island and later at No.2 School at Stradishall
G-AVPN photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
The Handley Page Herald Series 200 is a short-range transport aircraft powered by two Rolls-Royce Dart 527 turboprops of 2,150 shaft hp. Its maximum cruise speed is 274 mph. A Dart-engined Herald first flew in 1958.
BAPC076 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
HM.14 Flying Flea, Designed by a Frenchman, Henri Mignet, in 1934, the Flying Flea could be built at home and cost £90 (about £5000 today). A total of 123 were completed in Britain, but scores more were never finished.
BAPC028 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
1903 Wright Flyer replica at the Yorkshire Air Museum
XL231 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
Former Falklands and Gulf war veteran preserved in a taxiing condition at the Yorkshire Air Museum
21417 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
Canadair CT-133 Silver Star. This aircraft was one of 636 jet trainers built under licence by Canadair for the Royal Canadian Air Force, from 1952. It was used as an instrument flight trainer whilst in service with the Canadian forces in Germany.
TG536 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
wing of HP Hastings TG536 which was a veteran of the Berlin Airlift, It was finally scrapped at Catterick and parts of the wings were used in the reconstruction of the Museums HP Halifax LV907
XV748 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
Harrier GR3, XV748 was built as a GR.1 and first flown in April 1969. It served at Wittering with the Conversion Unit and 1 Sqn and had been converted to GR.3 standard by 1976. It later became a test aircraft with the then Royal Aircraft Establishment
XX901 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
'Flying Mermaid' nose art has been repainted after it had weathered while being exhibited outside
WL168 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
marked as WK864
XL231 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
preserved in a taxiing condition at the Yorkshire Air Museum
G-AMYJ photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
Recently had is Pratt & Whitney R-1830 Twin Wasp radial engines rebuild and are now running again
LV907 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
The Museum's Halifax reconstruction is based on a section of the fuselage of Halifax II, HR792, which carried out an emergency landing on the Isle of Lewis in 1945. A crofter, Mr McKenzie, purchased the fuselage section for use as a hencoop
G-ASCD photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
After initial military service with 663 and 651 Army Co-operation Squadrons as a spotter aircraft for the Royal Artillery, the Museum's aircraft was converted for civilian use as a Beagle Terrier, registration G-ASCD.
BAPC042 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
The Avro 504 first flew in 1913. In the opening phases of the First World War, it served with front-line squadrons in the Royal Flying Corps and Royal Naval Air Service for bombing and reconnaissance.
XH767 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
Gloster Javelin F(AW).9. XH767 was built at Hucclecote and went to Aldergrove in October 1959. It joined 25 Squadron at Waterbeach in December that year. From 1962 until 1965, the aircraft served with 11 Squadron in Germany.
WH846 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
The Museum's Canberra T4 was with 231 OCU, then 3 Squadron at Geilenkirchen, on the Station Flight at Laarbruch and with 100 Squadron at Wyton, until storage at St Athan in 1977. It was in storage at Samlesbury before coming to Elvington in May 1988.
G-TFRB photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
The Air Command Sports Elite is a kit-built gyroplane built in the USA since the early 1990s. It is powered by a Rotax 532 engine. The aircraft can take off within 600 feet in still air and a good pilot can land within 10 feet.
VV901 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
The Avro Anson, which first flew in March 1935, was used by the Royal Air Force and many allied Air Forces for numerous tasks throughout the war. Many were to be eventually found operating in a civilian role when hostilities ceased.
G-BKDT photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
Designed by H P Folland in 1916, and built at the Royal Aircraft Factory, Farnborough, the SE.5a was a single-seat biplane ‘fighting scout’ powered by a Hispano-Suiza derived water-cooled V8 engine
XL231 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
Victor K2. XL231 joined 139 Sqn on 1 February 1962. It was converted to become the prototype K.2 Tanker on 23 January 1972 and saw service in the Falklands War, in support of the 'Operation Black Buck' Vulcan raid on Port Stanley, and later in the Gulf
BAPC042 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
The Avro 504 first flew in 1913. In the opening phases of the First World War, it served with front-line squadrons in the Royal Flying Corps and Royal Naval Air Service for bombing and reconnaissance.
G-AVPN photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
Former Channel Express HP Herald preserved at the Yorkshire Air Museum, Elvington
XV748 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
Harrier GR3, XV748 was built as a GR.1 and first flown in April 1969. It served at Wittering with the Conversion Unit and 1 Sqn and had been converted to GR.3 standard by 1976. It later became a test aircraft with the then Royal Aircraft Establishment
N-268 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
Hunter FGA.78. The Museum's aircraft was originally a Mk 6, built under licence in Holland and served with the Royal Dutch Air Force before conversion to an FGA.78. It was with the Qatar Air Force for ten years, coming to the Museum in 1992.
G-AJOZ photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
The Argus II at Elvington arrived in England in August 1942 and served for most of the Second World War with the ATA at No.2 Ferry Pool, Whitchurch. After the War, it was acquired by the United States Flying Club and registered as G-AJOZ
WH846 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
The Museum's Canberra T4 was with 231 OCU, then 3 Squadron at Geilenkirchen, on the Station Flight at Laarbruch and with 100 Squadron at Wyton, until storage at St Athan in 1977. It was in storage at Samlesbury before coming to Elvington in May 1988.
XL231 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
Victor K2. XL231 joined 139 Sqn on 1 February 1962. It was converted to become the prototype K.2 Tanker on 23 January 1972 and saw service in the Falklands War, in support of the 'Operation Black Buck' Vulcan raid on Port Stanley, and later in the Gulf
XN974 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
Buccaneer XN974 was the first production S.2 aircraft, making its first flight from the British Aerospace airfield at Holme-on-Spalding Moor on 5 June 1964. It went straight to the Royal Aeronautical Establishment, Bedford
HJ711 photo, click to enlarge
X4EV Airport, 2012-06-03
De Havilland Mosquito D.H.98 NF.II HJ711 is the product of many years of dedicated restoration work by Tony Agar and his helpers.