Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Link a private database to the website?       

Spitfire48

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject: Link a private database to the website? Reply with quote

I have a private database of aircraft sightings which I would like to link to the photos on this website.

1. Is it ok to do this?
2. I would search by Registration/Serial/Tail Number - call it what you will - using data already in my database. What is the URL I would need to use to facilitate such a search, please?

I would add that this database is purely for my own interest and pleasure, and will not be shared elsewhere. A direct link would simply save me doing a separate search each time I wish to see an image of a particular aircraft.

Thank you.

Malcolm Clarke

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:16 am    Post subject: Link a private database to the website? Reply with quote

Are you saying that Airport-Data members would not have access to your photo database?
M.

JoshuaTansey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, specify the name of the database link after the CREATE DATABASE LINK keywords. L Brands Aces
Second, provide user and password of the remote database after the CONNECT TO and IDENTIFIED BY keywords.
Finally, specify the service name of the remote database.

L-5jockey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IS your DB, online (on a website) ?
Use airport-data's API's may help?

API, info link:
https://www.airport-data.com/api/doc.php

1234.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  62.95 KB
 Viewed:  3075 Time(s)

1234.jpg

Proposed link to a private database from this website? 
Malcolm Clarke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject: Proposed link to a private database from this website? Reply with quote

At this point, I would point out that only the site owner can approve of any such arrangement.

It must be assumed that he will read the proposed details and his response regarding any decision in this matter must be awaited.

Malcolm Clarke,
Admin.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: