Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Ronald - LAX shots       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aviation Photography

Ronald - LAX shots 
Florida Metal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:21 am    Post subject: Ronald - LAX shots Reply with quote

Loving your LAX shots.

Question. I see you are shooting between 200-300 mm for a lot of those shots with the hills and all in the background. Is that from the Hilton - H hotel by any chance? supposed to have a spotters deck on it.

GeorgeP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Ronald has not responded, I will add my comments.

The H does have a spotter's deck (for guests only) which I used in 2023, on the way home to Australia after attending Airventure. It's a great location and IMO it's better than the parking garage because the shooting angle isn't as steep.

He may also be photographing from one of the parking garages, just N od the H.

Hope this helps. Best wishes for 2024.

George

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgeP wrote:
Since Ronald has not responded, I will add my comments.

The H does have a spotter's deck (for guests only) which I used in 2023, on the way home to Australia after attending Airventure. It's a great location and IMO it's better than the parking garage because the shooting angle isn't as steep.

He may also be photographing from one of the parking garages, just N od the H.

Hope this helps. Best wishes for 2024.

Yeah I have gone to the H Hotel since. Airliner World Magazine did a feature on it a couple years ago. I stayed there this past October. I have posted a few pics so far, many more to come from there. Definitely planning another trip there this spring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aviation Photography All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: