Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Photos being used from Airport Data       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aviation Photography

Photos being used from Airport Data 
AirbusA320

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:31 pm    Post subject: Photos being used from Airport Data Reply with quote

If a member has posted a photo on this site
Surely it's now copy righted and should not be possible to be used on other websites
Am I correct here
Should the owner of a web site ask your permission to use photo and also the photographer

Are we allowed to put our own watermark on the photo as well as the Airport data one
Thanks
Mark

Ztex

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are they being used?

If they area on Flight Radar or one of the tracking sites then that's a bot pointing at this site and using a thumbnail.

If it is some other usage then you should send them a note and claim your copyright and aske them to remove it if they do not conform to your usage requirements.

Your copyright began when you pushed the shutter button. It's your work regardless of if or when it is published.

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADSBexchange.com was using ours, but it was linking to the site so it wasn't claiming it as it's own. I loved it when ADSB was using our pics because it was giving me a lot of traffic. However when we went down for a few months last year and ADSB changed it's format it seems like they are only using planespotters.com pics, which pretty much will only be airliners.

topgunphotography

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly why I'm uploading my military pictures, for ADSB. Saw a friend of mine post a shot of a C-7 lifting off, 2 days later it was being used on ADSB.

Some of the pics used are so old, like old SAC days SHAMU paint schemes...

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADSB hasn't used airport-data photos since 2020. I wish they would still because I use ADSB like crazy and enjoyed seeing my pics show up - it had my name and watermarks. They only use planespotters.net now, which doesn't have any military or GA.

topgunphotography

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There’s an app I use called OpenADSB that uses this site. A good amount of the military I see used on it are my shots. That’s why I update the mode S on regs as much as I can.

Here’s one of my shots below on it.

F917A29E-01DB-49DC-8E0D-B956D31FE1D9.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  283.77 KB
 Viewed:  2322 Time(s)

F917A29E-01DB-49DC-8E0D-B956D31FE1D9.jpeg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aviation Photography All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: