Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
total view counts       

total view counts 
Florida Metal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: total view counts Reply with quote

there already is a counter on here I notice that if you click on a picture it will tell you how many times your photo has been viewed.

Would it be very hard to set up something that would add up all the views so I could see a total view count of all my pictures. Also some sort of formula where you could get average view counts per picture.

I am not sure how hard it would be to set up - and if it is difficult then forget it.

Airliners.net, myaviation.net etc have a total view count of all pictures and an average views per photo for each photographer.

I was trying to prove to one of my buddies who puts pictures up on airliners.net and jetphotos that he would probably get more views here per picture.

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have put your suggestions on my todo list. Once I find some time I will implement them. I was busy like crazy for the past few months.

Thanks,

Ken

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ok cool.

I didn't even know if it was possible or not. Is it hard to set up?

Joe Glasper

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a funny thing happen to a few of my pictures.
N711 at one time had over 700 views. Then one day total view count was under a hundred. It should be over 1000 by now.

Also I have recently posted photos of an airport after existing photos we shown under "Latest Photos of" yet it appears that the older pics are more recent than the photos I posted.

just a glitch in the system maybe?

Thanks,
Joe

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally the "total view count" is added to both airport photo and aircraft photo pages, in member section. It's on top-right corner, shows total photos, total views and average views.

Let me know if you have any thought. I apologize for the delay.

Ken

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken,

Thank you for the very welcome total and average photo views feature. Mine for aircraft photos came in today at over 5 million, one hundred sixty-six thousand total views with 193+ count for average views. Who would of thought? Interestingly, the average views for my airport photos are much higher at 465, with over a half million total views there.

Your site just keeps getting better and better, and I appreciate all you do for us.

Chris Hall

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting new feature Ken.

I don't normally look at my individual photo view count, but I like the total and average feature. Also interesting that the airport photo's get more views than the aircraft photos

Aircraft Photo's
Photo: 34937
Views: 5079616
Avg. View: 145.4

Airport Photo's
Photo: 1106
Views: 414223
Avg. View: 374.5

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see same on my account. Aiport photos get more average views. Interesting. Perhaps it's because there're much less airport photos?

Doug, you are more than welcome. I hope I can give more time to this site in the future.

Ken

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, credit goes to Daniel for his suggestion.

Ken

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken,

I would suggest the site gets more average views for airport photos than for airplane photos because your site name attracts viewers seeking airport data with their search engine bringing up the site, and any aircraft photos are just a bonus to them if they further explore the site beyond airports.

Shortly after I uploaded my inflight photos of LAS in September 2010, I noted a large amount of views of McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas, way out of what I would have suspected, for example. My inflight views of Ted Stevens International Airport ANC in Anchorage from August 2007 have similarly gotten many views.

As has been said, a photo is worth a thousand words, and available airport photos in color are also viewed once on the page.

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided on 17 August 2012 to check my total view counts for about one month, so took another look today-17 Sept. 2012. Total views as of 17 August mid-day were 5,699,643. Today the total for both aircraft and airport views as I write this is 5,775,033, for an increase of views in one month of 75,399.

No question of the popularity of this site with my average daily views over the 32 day period of 2,356+ views per day!

Thank you again for this great feature added to a wonderful aviation site!

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this little bug or not. When you move a picture from airport to aircraft you lose your view count.

I had a Continental/Frontier hybrid paint MD-82 EI-BTD I took at DTW in 1988. I posted it under airport because the registration wasn't on here in 2006 when I posted it and I didn't know how to link to other regs when I started. After research, I found it linked to an existing reg.

I went to move the aircraft with the registration to aircraft section and I lost all my views that I had when it was under airport section. I had 850 views for that aircraft under airport, now it is down to zero. So I think I just lost 850 views total from my airport section and didn't gain anything under aircraft. I understand it regenerates a new picture code when it gets moved. I have a bunch of others I found I want to move from airport to aircraft, but I am afraid my view counts will go way down under airport without anything added to aircraft.

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel,

Thanks for spotting the bug. I will fix it ASAP and post here.

Ken

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel Compton wrote:
When you move a picture from airport to aircraft you lose your view count.

This bug has been fixed. Please let me know if you still experience any issue.

Ken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: