Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
N6UL cannot find a reference      Goto page 1, 2  Next 

N6UL cannot find a reference 
kernow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: N6UL cannot find a reference Reply with quote

I photographed a Bell Long Ranger emblazoned with WKMG 6 out of Orlando. It is Channel 6 news helicopter, and as best I can tell the tail number is N6UL. I cannot find a reference, anyone have anything on this number?

Here's a link to a photo I took.

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FAA database shows N6UL is a reserved number with reserved change to N100TV. See www.faa.gov go to aircraft, then registration then enter 6UL for details. (Do not enter "N"). If your photo is of current date, then the reserved change apparently has not yet been implemented. Makes sense as your photo shows apparently a Channel 6 TV newscopter.

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following up: the N100TV is assigned to a 1993 Bell 206 L4 rotorcraft with pending number change to N6UL. First reserved N number in FAA database is confusing, but appears the reserved change has already been made (witness your photo) and you did not find it yet in www.airport-data.com database. Enter it using N6UL and add the Bell data. Engine data also on the www.faa.gov database if you wish to add that, seating, etc.

kernow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Doug, I am new to all this so thanks for the tips. Now another silly newbie question. You said to enter the data here, but how do I proceed with that? I have the information printed out for the old N100TV number to enter the main data but do not know where to enter it.

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From another Orlando guy, the news channels are changing their helicopters around in Orlando.

For example, look at my pictures of N70SH - from WESH 2 News in Orlando. It is in full colors when I got it at Daytona 500 last winter, now it is all white. According to one of the workers at Showalter FBO at Orlando Executive, they are selling N70SH.

I come across the problem a lot on this site. You see the registration numbers long before the FAA updates them. I had that happen a couple times while photographing at Sun N Fun.

kernow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel Compton wrote:
From another Orlando guy, the news channels are changing their helicopters around in Orlando.

For example, look at my pictures of N70SH - from WESH 2 News in Orlando. It is in full colors when I got it at Daytona 500 last winter, now it is all white. According to one of the workers at Showalter FBO at Orlando Executive, they are selling N70SH.

I come across the problem a lot on this site. You see the registration numbers long before the FAA updates them. I had that happen a couple times while photographing at Sun N Fun.

I just shot WESH 2 N7YJ and it is brightly painted.

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, In order to enter the data for N6UL and get your photo in is a two step process when an N number is not yet in A-D's database. First, go to the www.airport-data.com Home Page and enter N6UL. After a search pause, a screen will come up telling you it is not found and you then simply fill in the blanks on the invite to supply the data. The A-D database is periodically updated, and may lag the FAA data base.

Second, after you determine that N6UL does now indeed have a page here , enter the Member Area and upload your new photo of N6UL in the usual way. The photo metadata will pickup the date of the photo so you needn't put that in. The photo file location will be picked up automatically also.

Not a full registered member? Then you are limited and cannot edit or arrange your photos. So, if not a registered member, do so before uploading the photo.

Your in-flight shot of N6UL is a great photo, so join the site if you already have not done so.

kernow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Doug, I shall give it a go. I registered a day or so ago.

Glad you liked the shot.

Here is what I did, hope it is done correctly.

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/N6UL.html

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, The page on N6UL looks perfect to me. The site is easy to negotiate once you give it a try. Welcome aboard! Am looking forward to more of your flight photos.

kernow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Robertson wrote:
Jim, The page on N6UL looks perfect to me. The site is easy to negotiate once you give it a try. Welcome aboard! Am looking forward to more of your flight photos.

Thanks, I am enjoying the site.

Bluedharma

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site!
I look forward to more of your photos!

Best Regards,

http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/Bluedharma;1045/
bluedharmaairportdata@gmail.com

kernow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bluedharma, that is an impressive Flickr stream you have.

deolsunny533

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site originally early-on updated the FAA aircraft registration data base after every FAA working midnight; the site no longer does that, as I recall. So-there may be some time before one sees a recent re-registration/de-registration or new change of owner aircraft registration on this site. There may be a lag/wait for the FAA to register a new aircraft registration or re-registration/or de-registration on their site.

mikestanley464

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by mikestanley464 on Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aircraft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: