Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
N50CR       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Civil Aviation

N50CR 
Glenn E. Chatfield

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: N50CR Reply with quote

N50CR is a Sabreliner operated for decades by Rockwell Collins for transport duties and - more often (especially over the years when newer aircraft replaced it) - flight testing avionics. It is the first production civilian model, being serial number 1. I was told today by their chief of flight operations that they are finally retiring the bird and were looking for a museum that might want it. He said they have sent inquiries to the National Air & Space Museum, but asked me for ideas. Since it was never a military bird, those museums most likely wouldn't be interested. I suggested Pima and the EAA Museum.

If anyone has an idea as to where this workhorse should be retired to, send me a note which I can pass along.

I have several photos of this bird posted on the profile showing underwing pod installations, large nose radar installations, etc. Nick Dean even has a shot of it in its scheme it wore when I first began working the plane at Cedar Rapids when I moved there in Dec 1995. It has a long and glorious history of the work it has accomplished for Rockwell Collins.

N50CR 
Nick Dean

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: N50CR Reply with quote

Hi Glenn,

The Museum of Flight here in Seattle at Boeing Field does not have a Sabre or a T-39 so they could be a possibility.

Cheers
Nick

Glenn E. Chatfield

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that idea, Nick. I'll pass it along.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Civil Aviation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: