Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Cessna aircraft tail number identification problem       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Civil Aviation

Cessna aircraft tail number identification problem 
stanley strazza

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Cessna aircraft tail number identification problem Reply with quote

Hi forum members....I am at a dead stop on my wreck-chasing of a Cessna aircraft registered as CF-SGT...the problem is I cannot find this registration information anywhere on the www, I got nothin'.....I did how-ever find that in 1985 the aviation registry had advised all aircraft that bore the CF configuration on it's tail to remove the dash from after the CF and put it between the two letters C and F (hence C-F, instead of CF-)...I have found information on a Cessna 180, C-FSGT from the aircraft manufacture that is registered to a chap in Wash,USA.....this plane is green and white, but the CF-SGT that I am searching information on does not show up.....any ideas fellas would be a big help.....thanking you kindly........cheers!......stanley strazza

Caswell_John

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stanley Cessna 180H CF-SGT/ C-FSGT ser. # 18051541 , Imported 1965. My data shows it was registered to various owners in the Lower Mainland the last being a D. Hogarth in New Westminister. My 1984 Civil Aircraft Registry shows it was changed to C-FSGT which happened to many of the older CF registrations. Its LAST C of A was valid to 1985-05-15 but its C of R was cancelled 1984-07-19, so it was either sold out of country at that time or destroyed, I hope this is of help, I assume you checked the serial number on the FAA site.
John Caswell jcaswell@telus.net

stantonite

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cessna 180 that John refers to in his reply , C-FSGT , is currently shown on the Canadian Register as based at Pitts Meadows , British Columbia
and registered to Gerald Chikowski, of Pitts Meadow

You seem to have dismissed this as not being the same aircraft as you were looking for - BUT you do not say what type of Cessna the CF-SGT was ?

Can you give a little more detail about the type of Cessna aircraft YOU are looking for

Terry

stanley strazza

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

* CF-SGT web-site (Chttp://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/C-FSGT.htm)....she was a Cessna 180 H

Last edited by stanley strazza on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

stanley strazza

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Terry...thanx for your reply to my query...well, ya' got me there...I have no idea what kind of aircraft it actually was that had been on a flight from Vernon to Port Alberni on March 2,1968 only to crash into Cameron Lake and sink (near Port Alberni).....on Sept 27 1983 she was found submerged and salvaged...I was given a tail number by a fella who thought maybe it was CF-VSK....I cannot find a thing on that Cameron Lake crash incident anywhere...a fellow forum member, Mr. Caswell tells me that the aircraft was really a Cessna 602 model, but, that doesn't help much if I don't have any numbers to search by....any chance you know something....thanks Terry....Stanley strazza................(http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/C-FSGT.html) * CF-SGT (was painted red over white) and C-FSGT (was painted green over white) are the same plane with the tail # changed...she was a Cessna 180 H

stanley strazza

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stantonite wrote:
The Cessna 180 that John refers to in his reply , C-FSGT , is currently shown on the Canadian Register as based at Pitts Meadows , British Columbia
and registered to Gerald Chikowski, of Pitts Meadow

You seem to have dismissed this as not being the same aircraft as you were looking for - BUT you do not say what type of Cessna the CF-SGT was ?

Can you give a little more detail about the type of Cessna aircraft YOU are looking for

Terry

Howdy Terry...I have discouvered that the Cessna 206 I had been looking for that had crashed into Cameron Lake, on vancouver island B.C. on March 1 1968, was carrying the tail letters CF-VSK and the Cessna aircraft itself was a TU206B model...how-ever I still find no infor or pix on her anywhere..any help on this baby Terry....thanx Stanley Strazza

the Sun newspaper.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.84 MB
 Viewed:  29841 Time(s)

the Sun newspaper.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Civil Aviation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: