Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
American Airlines new livery       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aviation News

American Airlines new livery 
Ztex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: American Airlines new livery Reply with quote

American Airlines has painted their first aircraft in their new livery, this first change for them in 44 years.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/todayinthesky/2013/01/17/american-airlines-to-unveil-new-look/1841591/

I spotted the new aircraft at Meacham Field in Fort Worth this weekend, a new 737-800. N908NN

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/000841328.html

FBE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice picture Zane, but I am not sure if I like this livery ... I need to get used to it Wink

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I like this one better. Previous one is just too old, this one looks more modern.

Ken

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less paint is cheaper to add with less aircraft weight which translates to less operating cost and greater flight range. The red and blue paint with off-white hull preserves the American identity. The Boeing Dreamliner is of composite construction not requiring further paint except airline identification logo needs and the new livery is a smart move by American to stay competitive. I rode American from LAX to DFW round trips for twelve years sometimes several times per month; one of my good commercial rides back in the mainly DC-10 days.

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not seen it in person yet - by the time I get down to MIA again, which is a major AA hub will probably be April - by then there will probably be many repainted plus some new 737 and 777-300 deliveries.

I don't like it. I think the paint scheme reminds me of a Greyhound Bus. American did have the same livery since 1968, but it was a classy livery. This new livery has ultra LCC written all over it. American was the last US Airline to still have a cheatline, which I have always been a big fan of. I wish they would have still incorporated the eagle in the new livery too, not that white thing up front that people claim is an eagle's head.

Ztex

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second aircraft in the new livery...and their first 777-300ER.

Still don't know what to think about the new scheme....

Question

Re: American Airlines new livery 
prkralex

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: American Airlines new livery Reply with quote

Ztex wrote:
American Airlines has painted their first aircraft in their new livery, this first change for them in 44 years.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/todayinthesky/2013/01/17/american-airlines-to-unveil-new-look/1841591/

I spotted the new aircraft at Meacham Field in Fort Worth this weekend, a new 737-800. N908NN

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/000841328.html

This looks awesome.

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although this has been rumored for a couple of years, there are more reliable sources around Dallas saying that a US/AA merger could be announced as early as next week.

So will it put an end to this hideous new livery? Doubt it. I am not a fan of the US Airways livery that much (nor pretty much any of the current liveries in the US anymore) but the US livery is better than AA's. I was hoping that maybe they would go the UA/CO route where they kept CO colors but UA name - in this case US Airways colors and American name. However if this has been planned they wouldn't have spent all kinds of money designing a new livery just to only paint 3 planes. I have a feeling we will be seeing the US A330s and other Airbuses in this livery now (don't forget that AA did order a couple hundred narrow body Airbuses).

MVG Pedro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This new livery of American Airlines is growing on me very quickly, but in my opinion I think it would look better with some stars on the blue section of the tail colours

Ztex

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it is growing on me or not...I think it's just something new...lol

RWB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only benefit I get out of it, next time I go shooting at MIA - which is an AA fortress hub I will get planes that look different. I probably have the same tail number shot from El Dorado spotting location each time I am there where it looks like a duplicate 5 times on here - before I know it the staff will be deleting it, thinking I did duplicates - with the new colors that will fix that problem for the next couple years while they go through their repainting process.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aviation News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: