Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Trella T-21       

Trella T-21 
T-21

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Trella T-21 Reply with quote

Does anyone have knowledge of a Trella T-21?

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N450C on this site is a valid registered Trella T-21 aircraft. If you use a web search engine you will bring up quite a bit of T-21 information. The owner of N450C could also be contacted by you. Re-registration to a New York owner of N450C was in February of this year .

T-21

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N450C is my Grandfather's plane, he recently passed. I guess I am wondering if anyone is interested in it or has any history or interesting information on it. I couldn't find much about them on Google. I'll try other search engines as well. Thank you for the reply.

N450C 
L-5jockey

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: N450C Reply with quote

Same aircraft Question

Trella T-21 (a.k.a.) T-106 T-106 referring to the serial Number.

T-106, 1949 85hp Continental C-85-12J pusher; span: 34'0" length: 21'9"first flight: Sept 1949 (p: Paul Holst). All metal; twin tails on booms. POP: 1 [N450C]

http://www.aerofiles.com/_ti.html -- scroll down page to Trella

http://www.antiqueairfield.com/attachment/showu/6cc06a0e-39ef-11df-84d4-00304889f980 PDF newsletter with photo- page4

http://crimso.msk.ru/Site/Crafts/Craft31620.htm info and photos

John

Timothy Aanerud

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EAA's magazine Sport Aviation, January 1961 issue has an article on the Trella T-106 also. You have to be an EAA member to access back issues online.

T-21

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

New Information on old thread 
bogneron11

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: New Information on old thread Reply with quote

I recently acquired a photo construction book for the Trella T-106. It appears to be all original photos. I bought a box of old photos and much to my surprise was a complete photo history of this aircraft. I am not sure if it has any historical importance or if the current owner of the craft would want it. I did PM the originator of this thread, but figure I would put it out here as well.

There was a photo copied story from an aircraft magazine about the history of it as well. There is a very interesting letter from 1965 from an engineer from Boeing (on Boeing letter head) thanking the Dean at U of M for all their support in his education. It is not clear if there is any connection to the construction of the plane.

I would like to get this book to the proper place or allow others to view it if the interest is there.

If there is a better forum for this, please direct me.

I have no aircraft background or interest other than it being a very cool piece of local Michigan history.

olds1941

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the present owner of Trella N 450C and I am presently restoring it to its original condition. I would be very glad to have the books from the construction. Could you contact me at olds1941@localnet.com. There is very little info about this plane and it would be helpful during the rebuild. Thanks, Russ

UPDATE-- Trella 
L-5jockey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject: UPDATE-- Trella Reply with quote

Unfortunately the aircraft was destroyed, in a crash near Endicott City, New York 17 June 2019.

links:

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/226284

Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aircraft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: