Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Call for site logos      Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> General

Call for site logos 
Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Call for site logos Reply with quote

Hi All,

It has been a tradition for airport-data.com to change it's logos regularly. Now with over 170K photo on site, I found it very time consuming for me to search photos suitable for logo. So I would appreciate if every of our user can help me by suggesting some good photos.

Which or what kind of photo are suitable for making logo is always subject to personal taste. Here's some general guidelines I have been using:

1. Must be able to fit our logo size: 480x80 pixels. It may require cropping or shrinking.
2. Clear and sharp.
3. Clear background with none or little other objects (such as cloud, ground vehicles, crowd, etc).
4. "Airport-Data.com" will be shown at bottom-left corner, which will cover about one quarter of the image. Take it in consideration.
5. Artistic airport photo is also acceptable.
6. Photo must exist on airport-data.com.
7. I try my best to give everyone a chance so one logo per user. I will list all users whose work was used for past logos. Please check the list before submitting.

With every submission, please provide Photographer's name and orignal photo ID. You can submit your own or other's.

You can also submit prepared logo by cropping, shrinking, editing original photo (without site name) via email. If so, please email me your work in photoshop format (.PSD file) if possible, otherwise use PNG or GIF. JPG is also acceptable but please use highest quality to avoid image quality lose.

I can't garuantee that every submitted photo will be used. Once selected, I will add the photographer to the user list (and submitter if not same person).

On a side note, because of the special dimension of logo image, a beautifully taken regular photo is likely NOT suitable for the purpose. So please do not judge one's photograph professionalism by whether or not his/her photo was chosen for logo.

Ken

List of users whose work used for logos has been moved:

http://www.airport-data.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=4568

Last edited by Airport-Data on Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:26 pm; edited 21 times in total

Suggest AC173686 of N147M for Logo. 
Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Suggest AC173686 of N147M for Logo. Reply with quote

Ken, That's a great idea and should help reduce your workload considerably. With the photographer's permission I am submitting the latest uploaded photo of N147M, a Nanchang China CJ-6A of Hal Provo's taken in formation flight by our friend Ron Eyanson with his digital Canon SLR. The photo number is AC173686.

Fifty Nanchang China CJ-6As, including N147M will be in formation flight daily at EAA AirVenture at Oshkosh this year in the Warbird show section. Ron & I have been invited. N147M has recently been re-engined with a 360 Hp radial by Hal doing all the work. He has a Repairman's license for his Experimental class aircraft.

Doug

Michael Mannschreck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is one from me

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the job. But our logo size is 480x80 pixels. And our site name font will remain unchanged. Acutally I should say "Call for logo background images".

Ken

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice recommendations Doug.

Here's finished one:

It will be used as 2nd logo for Apr 2008.

Thanks,

Ken

Michael Mannschreck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your welcome to use any of my photos Wink

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ken, and photographer friend Ron Eyanson is in near-ecstasy! He is now thinking of putting out a 2009 calendar of Nanchang China CJ-6As; maybe too focused subject to be commercial success. But, I wish him, and you well always.

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May 2008 - 1:

May 2008 - 2 (Thanks to Ztex):

Ken

Bruce Vinal

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like a dope, I was looking at the logo for this month and thought "Thats a nice pic" Then I noticed it's mine Shocked Duuuuhhhh.

Ztex

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!

It is great to have your pic on the logo!

Congrats!

Bruce Vinal

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ztex, the sun was just right that evening. I got that pic and some great ones of an Aeronca L3B (N49152)

Bruce Vinal

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I've already had my turn but I just got a killer logo pic #322588 or N3703G. Stash it away Ken untill everyone has had a turn. Smile

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that's a nice logo candidate indeed. Will keep that in mind.

Ken

Connor Shepard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking at some of mine to see if they can be cropped. To test them out for the text, I would like to know the font name, size and color for both the site name and copyright. I just want to get a feel for how it would look.
Thanks

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With 1,171 present members as I write this and 26 logo photos selected per year, and 62 photos so far selected and shown, assuming no further members ever joining (unrealistic)-it would take about 42 and a half years to give each remaining unselected present member a chance to have a logo photo selected and displayed. If you already have had a photo of yours displayed as the Home Page logo background-rejoice! It likely won't happen again!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: