Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Warning about Stolen Photo's       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aviation Photography

Warning about Stolen Photo's 
Chris Hall

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Warning about Stolen Photo's Reply with quote

Here is a warning to all aviation photographers,

There is a person called Nathan Blair who is stealing photographs and posting them on his Instagram account as @blairaviation He is also adding his own watermark to the stolen images and adding comments as to where HE took the photos. If you have an Instsgram account, you are able to make comments, so if you recognise any stolen images on his account, challenge him an report him.

*update*

his original account has been removed from instagram, and he now has a new one

http://instagram.com/blair.aviation/

Chris Hall
Airport Data Admin Team

Chris Hall

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently come across one of my photos that has been stolen form this site and posted elsewhere with the watermark and copyright bar removed by recropping the image. I have now made the decision to move the watermark on all my photos so it is across the centre of the image.

If any member feels that they need to protect their images, you can move the watermark in the member section, go into "Account Info" and you can then move the position of the watermark. This will move the watermark on all your images in one go, you do not need to do each individual image

Chris Hall
Admin team

stolen photo in your site 
bigmarkus

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: stolen photo in your site Reply with quote

hi chris in this site there is user that have stolen a photo , and probably not just one ! i'm checking , but at the moment the photo id AC1184997 of user fabber 87 is stolen from Jetphotos site , and the foto was taks by my friend aldo bidini. You can check by searching in jetphotos the serial of aw139 :MM81815 oer the name of photgrafer aldo bidini or just follow this link : https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/7681868
thanks a lot forr banner this stupid user.

Chris Hall

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The photo of MM81815 has been removed from this site, thanks for the notification

TroyWhite

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chriss Halel wrote:
I have recently come across one of my photos that has been stolen form this site and posted elsewhere with the watermark and copyright bar removed by recropping the image. I have now made the decision to move the watermark on all my photos so it is across the centre of the image.

If any member feels that they need to protect their images, you can move the watermark in the member section, go into "Account Info" and you can then move the position of the watermark. This will move the watermark on all your images in one go, you do not need to do each individual image

Chris Hall
Admin team

ssue a DMCA takedown notice. Consider the following situation. You find out that your image is being used without permission. You contact the site administrator.

topgunphotography

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Hall wrote:

Chris Hall
Admin team

People give me crap all the time for putting the watermark across the middle of the plane, but this is the exact reason why. Sure someone can still remove it by cloning it out, but it will be a lot more difficult to and might not be worth it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aviation Photography All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: