Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Lightroom Metadata       

Lightroom Metadata 
Chris L.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: Lightroom Metadata Reply with quote

I'm starting to use LR to edit my photos and I've noticed that the Shot On date that I usually leave blank to automatically select the date when I upload photos has always been chosen as "Unknown or 0000-00-00" after uploading photos.

My guess is that this is because the website can't locate the metadata for each individual photo I export from LR. I'm exporting every photo with the same metadata that I import into LR with tho, so I don't understand how the website can't locate the shot date like it used to be able to.

Does anyone else who edits with LR have this issue? And does someone know how to fix it so I don't have to open the pop up calendar and import the date manually for every photo upload?

Re: Lightroom Metadata 
Jasin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Lightroom Metadata Reply with quote

Chris L. wrote:
I'm starting to use LR to edit my photos and I've noticed that the Shot On date that I usually leave blank to automatically select the date when I upload photos has always been chosen as "Unknown or 0000-00-00" after uploading photos.

My guess is that this is because the website can't locate the metadata for each individual photo I export from LR. I'm exporting every photo with the same metadata that I import into LR with tho, so I don't understand how the website can't locate the shot date like it used to be able to.

Does anyone else who edits with LR have this issue? And does someone know how to fix it so I don't have to open the pop up calendar and import the date manually for every photo upload?

If you're using a newer version of LR, trying to access photo metadata from an older version:

By default, photo metadata added within LR is stored in LR's catalog but not written back to the photos. If you still have the LR catalog for the older version, then open that catalog in the newer version of LR by doing File > Open Catalog. That will make a copy of the older catalog and convert it to the newer version, and all the metadata should be visible.

While it's possible to write the metadata from the catalog back to the photos, it sounds like it wasn't done in this case. If you don't have the older catalog, you may be out of luck.Try to use ecomice calendar widget by tradays!May help as well.He have useful functions!

More details about the exact versions of LR involved and the steps taken with the photos to get them into the new catalog would help clarify.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: