Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Aircraft N8129K       

Aircraft N8129K 
mtybluesman

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject: Aircraft N8129K Reply with quote

N8129K

My father owned this aircraft in the late 60s. What a joy to fly in it. He loved it.
I believe he sold it in 1969. It was based then at SJC, San Jose, CA.
In 1983 we attended the Watsonville Antique Fly-in, and I spotted it there on
display. I said, "hey Dad, it's your old Stinson, N8129K." He said, you remembered the tail number?" I said, "sure I did". what a thrill to see it again.
I can't believe it now lives in CT. It would really be nice to have it's current owner contact me. Ron Lumley, mtybluesman@yahoo.com

N8129K 
tabarr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject: N8129K Reply with quote

Interesting. My dad flew the fam (mom + 3 kids) from SJC to RMG in 1961 in this aircraft. It was owned by John (something) and dad borrowed it for the trip. Quite the adventure! I, too, would love to have this in my hangar.

N8129K.jpg
 Description:
Grainy photo taken during the 1961 trip from SJC.
 Filesize:  346.46 KB
 Viewed:  2690 Time(s)

N8129K.jpg

mtybluesman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tabarr, thanks for posting on N8129k. When my dad bought into the plane, he was partnered with John Krumtum. He may be the one your father borrowed it from.
It was a Stinson 108-2, made in 1947.

tabarr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! That's the guy. He called to offer to sell the plane to dad in the mid '60's, but dad declined, to our disappointment. Dad taught me and my two brothers to fly, and he went on to fly corporately, flying twin Cessnas, Beech 18s, and Kingairs. He passed away July 2018 at age 95. Good memories. Thanks for responding.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aircraft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: