Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Solar power on Airbus Maverick estimation       

Solar power on Airbus Maverick estimation 
NiganDong

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:22 am    Post subject: Solar power on Airbus Maverick estimation Reply with quote

I came across the Airbus Maverick concept and using the provided model dimensions I scaled it up to see how large the actual model could be. Seeing how large the surface area on the rather flat upper surface is, I wondered how much fuel would solar panels save.https://mobdro.bio/ https://kodi.bio/

I arrived at an estimated 1000m2 that could potentially be covered with solar cells. Using an average 200W/m2 (during day in direct sunlight) this would result in 200 kW of power. Per hour this would amount to 72 MJ of energy. I looked up energy density of jet fuel, turns out to be around 45 MJ/kg...assuming 100% engine efficiency this would mean the solar energy would only save 1.6kg/hr? Is that correct or have I made a mistake somewhere? I am aware this is a massive simplification of the problem, but just wanted to get a rough estimate.

Thanks!

grabdexter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The aircraft is a single-seated monoplane powered by photovoltaic cells; it is capable of taking off under its own power. The prototype, often referred to as Solar Impulse 1, was designed to remain airborne up to 36 hours. It conducted its first test flight in December 2009.

shareit apk vidmate apk pc

Teranovo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Airbus, the airshow was to be a real success. Coincidentally, it was just between the end of May and mid-July that the company was celebrating its 50th anniversary.

The company kicked off the show with a high-profile premiere. It unveiled its "star" - the A321XLR airliner. This is a new aircraft that has the longest range of any modern narrow-body passenger aircraft - up to 8,700 kilometres.

Boeing has a similar niche with the 757 - but it is still inferior in maximum range. According to Bloomberg, US airline Fort Worth may replace 34 Boeing 757-200s with new aircraft from the European aircraft maker.

kennethburson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think the harvested energy could be sufficient to say power the onboard electronics?
I am thinking of a fully solar powered aircraftpro essays Still seems to be far away from possible.

JohhyCarls

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kennethburson wrote:
Do you think the harvested energy could be sufficient to say power the onboard electronics?
I am thinking of a fully solar powered aircraftvestige
attack on titan season 4 subbed Still seems to be far away from possible.

Yes it would be possible to harvest energy as there are many solar technology which convert heat to electrical energery. Now in the pandemic scientist is also doing research the way to do it as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: