Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
This Aircraft Photos situation perhaps not fully considered.       

This Aircraft Photos situation perhaps not fully considered. 
Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject: This Aircraft Photos situation perhaps not fully considered. Reply with quote

I have been on this site since it's first year and have taken many aircraft photos over substantial periods of time that show it's current dated condition, or even say, a change of color or colors with new paint jobs. These photos show that the owner or subsequent owners are taking care of the aircraft with say, a new paint job. I have gotten many thanks from the original or current aircraft owner for documenting the appearance history of their airplane.

I believe this has not been fully considered in the discussion of the number of an aircraft's photos here and that these photos show a current, dated condition of a particular aircraft which is important. It shows if the aircraft owner is taking good care of the airplane. This is important also if and when the aircraft may be put up for sale. I have had a number of owner requests for aircraft photos usage which I always grant. I don't sell my aircraft photos. A number of photos of an aircraft may be important under a number of conditions; even while documenting the building of an aircraft. Perhaps these documented issues have not been fully considered.

Timothy Aanerud

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm wandering the homebuilt camping area of AirVenture there are so many Van's Aircraft, I don't take pictures of all of them any more. But, if I see one that hasn't been painted yet, I'll will get a picture of it. I have a view/folder of unpainted Van's aircraft. Here:

https://www.airport-data.com/photographers/Timothy+Aanerud:523/green-unpainted:29987:1.html

After a couple of years additional photos are added to the site by others or myself. The same aircraft will show up again in it's painted form. I find this interesting.

I personally get bored with jet airliner photos. I'm more interested in general aviation, But, that's my opinion.

I'm building a Zenith STOL CH-750 from plans and I haven't posted anything from my build here. Once it is airworthy I have a goal to visit every public use airport in Minnesota where I live with it. Expect to see a photo of it at every airport in the state!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: