Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
N146PM - please post under right aircraft       

N146PM - please post under right aircraft 
Florida Metal

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:10 pm    Post subject: N146PM - please post under right aircraft Reply with quote

Obviously N146PM is now a Piper Malibu and not a Fokker 27. I don't want to call out anyone but I am noticing people posting pictures of aircraft under the wrong types all the time. It is kind of lazy and makes the site look bad when you see Cessna 172s under Learjets etc. If the type isn't there - please create a data page for that aircraft.

I am going to go ahead and make a data page for the Malibu N146PM, so the person that posted it in the wrong spot please move it later.

Timothy Aanerud

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amused that we have a photo of the Folker 27 and the Piper Malibu.

Lazy People 
Canonman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:29 pm    Post subject: Lazy People Reply with quote

It really seems that a person uploading aircraft wants to try and beat out the top guy. But this person is so lazy, he loads aircraft to either wrong or incomplete profiles. He also seems to have a camera that takes shots about every 2-3 seconds, so he can post more shots.

There are several people who have no idea what a complete aircraft profile is and I can't believe a profile regarding the type of Aircraft was called an engine (Good work on the profile)

I have several sites and use google also to locate aircraft profiles and have had to use several sites to complete the profile correctly.

This is a great site and WE ALL should make an attempt to be as complete when we add a profile

NO MORE RANT

Malcolm Clarke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the contrary Canonman, rant away.

Over the past several days there were several examples of photo upload without creating a profile complete with data. All I did was to enter the registration in
Google and who would of thought, there was the answer in several other aviation web sites.

Not good enough and I suspect that those responsible are aware. Shame on you!

Malcolm.

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand if someone messes up some rare homebuilt types or mixes up the various Vans RV aircraft mixing up an RV-9 with an RV-7 etc I almost goofed up myself when I posted a TBM-930, where the previous reg was on a TBM-700. FAA database calls every TBM a 700, but I been putting the official numbers in here. I looked it up thinking that it looked too new 5 blade prop, winglets and found it was one.

That's understandable if you mix that up. However I have seen for example a Cessna N7##PA posted under a Pan Am 747 profile. It makes us look bad when people come on and see that. Adding a profile is time consuming, especially repetitive ones as I think I just added half the Spirit A320 NEO fleet the last couple days - but plenty of sources. FAA.gov will get you N numbers, JoeBaugher.com will get you US military serials. Planespotters.net takes care of just about all airliners. I just need some help with foreign regs on GA aircraft. I need one for a French registered autogyro I have, just haven't posted it yet.

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a lot of times it doesn't even require much work. If it is an older plane there probably is a profile for it, just do a serial number search and connect it to the other plane - add new info just usually tail number and owner

Re: Lazy People 
Florida Metal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Lazy People Reply with quote

Canonman wrote:

I can't believe a profile regarding the type of Aircraft was called an engine (Good work on the profile)

the worst part of it was it was a 737 Max engine, but the aircraft was just a regular 737-800

Lazy People 
Canonman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject: Lazy People Reply with quote

It still surprises me that people are too lazy to complete profiles. I checked several sites that had the information that would have completed the profile. I guess some people just don't care about making this a complete and great aircraft site.

I thought that engine was for a Max.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: