Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Good Bye       

Good Bye 
Helicopterfriend

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject: Good Bye Reply with quote

It is with deep regret that I will no longer be making corrections for this site, effective immediately.

We supposedly have two other moderators who are assisting with corrections. I see one Mod who posts to “Comments” on military aircraft, listing other profiles that should be linked, but instead he deletes the comments after a couple of weeks. He also claims to have e-mail connection with the Admin.

The other Mod hasn’t corrected or answered any questions or comments in what appears to be over 2 years, but he gets credit for being a Moderator.

We also have an individual who is lazy, doesn’t care what profile his aircraft falls into, as long as it is loaded. The person appears to be in a race with our top good photographers.

Personally, I would like to say I appreciate the following members for their contributions to help better this site:

01. Peter Nicholson, TOP CONTRIBUTOR
02. Mark Pasqualino
03. Red750
04. Florida Metal
05. Doug Robertson
06. Glenn Chatfield
07. Sparrow9

Good-bye 
Peter Nicholson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:22 am    Post subject: Good-bye Reply with quote

Thank you, Walt, for responding so well over the years to data correction postings. The results were appreciated.
Best regards
Peter

Re: Good Bye 
Chris Hall

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Bye Reply with quote

Helicopterfriend wrote:

The other Mod hasn’t corrected or answered any questions or comments in what appears to be over 2 years, but he gets credit for being a Moderator.

I stepped away from being a moderator after receiving several abusive messages from both yourself and and your mate Doug.

Canonman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAYBE, just maybe if you hadn't given helicopterfriend so much garbage and contributed more to the site like you allegedly advised Ken, MAYBE, just maybe helicopterfriend wouldn't have given you so much ALLEGED ABUSIVE MESSAGES, as you call it, and if you hadn't called him a liar. Yes I know helicopterfriend and we communicate regularly.

sparrow9

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry to read this thread.
I found this site to be a very good thing, having the history and pictures of so many aircraft.
Corrections should be made in the future, to make this site better, and to honor the work off its contributors.

John

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I didn't know the behind the scenes stuff...

I appreciate the work that all the mods do to keep this site going. No one is getting paid I pretty much only post here and netairspace.cc these days.

Is there a way to lighten the loads of the mods some. A lot of my requests were me deleting my own mistakes. For example, maybe not enough coffee or too much rum (or Baileys) when I am building a profile or linking a profile and I goof with a tail #, but it's already been sent. If there was a way that we could delete our own mistakes without needing a mod, that might help.

I'd be willing to help out some if I could have access to data corrections. I run across duplicate profiles all the time when I am posting.

topgunphotography

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida Metal wrote:

I'd be willing to help out some if I could have access to data corrections. I run across duplicate profiles all the time when I am posting.

I had just sent an IM asking if they need help with updates myself, I like having the pictures on Openadsb ap so I'm submitting currect Mode S's and some get updated, some don't. I sit at my computer pretty much 7 days a week and can easily help with the work load.

red750

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Helicopterfriend. I don't visit this site much any more, so it's taken me some time to catch up with this news. Firstly, thank you for your kind acknowledgement of my contributions. I don't have near as many photos on this database as many of you guys, but I drop by occasionally to see what's new.

I haven't flown since 1986, partly due to not being able to pass the medical due to eyesight and hearing loss. I am 78 years old and loved visiting airfields where I could get photos of all sorts of aircraft. However, since the restrictions imposed due to the pandemic, and the fact that I have now not driven for eight months, even that pleasure has evaporated. I doubt that I will be able to attend the Airshow Downunder (Avalon) again. This was a source for much pleasure and many photographs.

As I look through the pages of this database, I report any anomalies I come across in the Data Corrections forum.

Best regards,
peterr. (red750)

rcassar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to apply to become a moderator?

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topgunphotography wrote:
Florida Metal wrote:

I had just sent an IM asking if they need help with updates myself, I like having the pictures on Openadsb ap so I'm submitting currect Mode S's and some get updated, some don't. I sit at my computer pretty much 7 days a week and can easily help with the work load.

I been really enjoying all your military stuff

topgunphotography

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida Metal wrote:

I been really enjoying all your military stuff

Thank you, I thought I had already replied, just noticed it never went through.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Chitchat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: