Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Request: Multiple Photo Uploader      Goto page Previous  1, 2 

concord977

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airport-Data wrote:
Right, only a tiny portion of our visitors have a screen resolution larger than 1440. Though uploading an image with resolution higher than 1280 is still recommended . . .

I understand Connor's preference for smaller images that may upload faster. But my own choice is for higher-resolution images. As you've said above, a high-res image will indeed display better after the site auto-reduces it than an image that was pre-sized to 1280px to begin with.

All of my screens are 2560x1440, so I like as many pixels as possible - but I understand that it's not necessary for everyone, and that these files take up a lot of space on your servers.

As for the 4.0mb limit, I can make that work with a change to my processing.

(side note: if you use Photoshop to resize a single image, it does not automatically compress the image. However if you use Photoshop's "Bridge" to resize a group of photos, they are significantly compressed. A 7.0mb image that was 4288px wide becomes only 800kb when resized to 3200px via Bridge. The compression does affect quality, though.(

Yakfreak - VAP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The workshop was great idea! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy It makes the upload faster.

One idea to make it even more faster and easier:
What if you put the fields folder, airport and date at the beginning of the upload sequence in the workshop? Many people upload pictures taken during the same day on the same location in a batch. This would leave the description and registration open to be managed after uploading all pictures without putting the same informations for airport and date many times.

Dietmar from Vienna

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yakfreak - VAP wrote:
What if you put the fields folder, airport and date at the beginning of the upload sequence in the workshop? Many people upload pictures taken during the same day on the same location in a batch. This would leave the description and registration open to be managed after uploading all pictures without putting the same informations for airport and date many times.

That's a good ieda but a lot harder to make it happen. Currently the workshop only keep files (photos), there's no database associated with it. If we attach any other info to a photo, a lot more things need to be done, including modification on the multiple uploading function.

By the way, all modern cameras embed some information in the photo (EXIF data) unless you edit your photos later (and discard EXIF data) or you set your camera differently. So if you set the camera with proper date and time, you don't need to worry about the shot date. The upload program will fill the field automatically if the "photo taken date" is empty and it can find a date from the photo EXIF data.

FBE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ztex wrote:
Love the updates!
And the new one today! The "move photo to" option before uploading! Good idea Timothy!

Great work Ken!

Making a great site even better!

I agree, love it more and more Very Happy

Connor Shepard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a chance to use the new function. It is very convenient. However, it would help if the thumbnail photos were sorted by the original file name.

Connor

Airport-Data
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connor Shepard wrote:
I just got a chance to use the new function. It is very convenient. However, it would help if the thumbnail photos were sorted by the original file name.

Let me see what I can do.

Ken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: