Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Aircraft VH-EQG       

Aircraft VH-EQG 
Hyphen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Aircraft VH-EQG Reply with quote

VH-EQG

I recall this aircraft from my days as a relatively young man when it was on the line at the Tamworth Aero Club. After the unfortunate death of John Henry the club continued under the overall technical stewardship of volunteer CFI John Wakefield who was also a senior LAME at the local East West Airlines.

It was at this time that a group of volunteers got together to refurbish EQG by stripping the paint back to bare metal, repainting the fuselage and painting and labelling the cockpit panel. The largest technical refurbishment was the installation of a new rubberised fuel bladder. The aircraft was then sprayed white and I was rewarded with a few hours and solo in a constant speed.

I've always wondered what happened to the aircraft and whether indeed this is the aircraft we worked on. After John Wakefield's voluntary efforts we enjoyed the CFI services of the late Mary 'Brien and of course Ian Martin who very recently retired as Chief Pilot of the BAE Defence ab initio centre at Tamworth.

EQG 
Hyphen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: EQG Reply with quote

By the way, I was trying to post this with the photo of the aircraft on the site.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aircraft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: