Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Aircraft C-FOOU       

Aircraft C-FOOU 
angeleskid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:30 am    Post subject: Aircraft C-FOOU Reply with quote

This is the most important airplane in the world, to me. And I love airplanes. I soloed in this bird, three touch and goes, when it was N68744, at Tamiami Airport, Miami, Florida, on September 9, 1978, at Burnside Ott Aviation. At that time it was almost brand new, and so pretty, with a red striping on white; also had the then-new digital numbers on the radios. I flew it after that magical day too while building hours. When back in Miami in 1985, I visited the airport, noted the plane was there, though it had a brown and white paint job. Then I saw it again, I think, in the early 90's. Never forgot the call number. Have followed its adventures since Miami. I think it was around West Palm Beach or Fort Lauderdale for a while, before heading north to Canada to a flight school in Ontario. It probably wants to go back to the warm weather in FL Sad Keep flying, pretty bird. I would have made a good airline pilot but in 1980 things weren't what they are now. You had to be ex military, have near perfect vision, etc. I continued to fly after getting the private ticket in 1979, when I moved to the San Francisco Bay area. At 94 1/2 hours in the log book, I hung it up for good. It just got to be too expensive, even though it was so cool, so much fun, to fly around California.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aircraft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: