Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
pictures not showing up      Goto page 1, 2  Next 

pictures not showing up 
Florida Metal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:54 am    Post subject: pictures not showing up Reply with quote

Anyone else having an issue seeing pictures if you go to individual member pages including my own?

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see attachment. Should be showing pictures on this page. [/img]

Screenshot 2021-12-21 055546.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  106.84 KB
 Viewed:  6694 Time(s)

Screenshot 2021-12-21 055546.jpg

moxy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There must be a problem. I can only see the first picture on each of my individual member pages. The rest of the page is blank.

A bit of a rum do.

Rob

Mark Pasqualino

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy,

Problem started yesterday.

Like Rob, only the first picture shows up on the individual member page.

However, if you search an aircraft registration on the home page. the pictures are still on the website.

Mark P

Photos don't show 
Glenn E. Chatfield

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject: Photos don't show Reply with quote

Mine has been that way since at least Wednesday (12/22/21). I need to find one listed as UNKNOWN so I can edit for the call sign!

Too many issues 
L-5jockey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject: Too many issues Reply with quote

Another reason I haven't recently (1+ years?) uploaded any photos, commented in forums (spam is growing), nor visit this site much.
Things here are certainly sliding downhill.

Guess I'll have to crank up my flickr account and call the 'virtual' moving van for photo tranfers or rescan.
Winter is here, and I've got the time.
Now to find the 'will' Rolling Eyes

topgunphotography

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed the problem the other night when I was trying to figure out where I left off.

Pictures not showing up 
Canonman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject: Pictures not showing up Reply with quote

Mr Clarke, you have Admin's e-mail, may I ask why you have not contacted him and reported this.

Malcolm Clarke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canonman.

Why do you presume that I would not have attempted to contact the site owner in such circumstances as this?

Are you too joining those who assume that I am not acting in the interests of members?

As I have previously and repeatedly stated, the owner seems to act as an "absent landlord". I can email him but it is seemingly up to him whether he responds.

Malcolm.

Definitely a site issue... 
gavron

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:21 pm    Post subject: Definitely a site issue... Reply with quote

My gallery shows two folders, but there's nothing in them.

If I search aircraft by tail number, it comes up with the picture. That links to me and my gallery... but even clicking there just shows folders and no pictures.

Ehud Gavron
KTUS

Site issue 
Canonman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:08 pm    Post subject: Site issue Reply with quote

Mr Clarke, it would seem that you would notify us that you are trying to correct this problem as the number 1 photographer has raised the issue.

If I hurt your feelings and you believe that I don't think you have the sites best interests at heart, I apologize.

sparrow9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening admins
To-day i found in my "mebers-section" my configuration changed. Only one picture per page, watermark lost.
Some gremlins at work?
Anyone able to solve the problem? Malcolm did what he could do, anyone else?
Thank youi
John

topgunphotography

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can go into your members section and update the settings. It will now work, thank you for noticing what changed!

The 2 underlined areas were changed to zero which is why nothing was showing.

Screenshot 2022-01-04 153816.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  208.39 KB
 Viewed:  6332 Time(s)

Screenshot 2022-01-04 153816.jpg

Screenshot 2022-01-04 153753.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  173.72 KB
 Viewed:  6332 Time(s)

Screenshot 2022-01-04 153753.jpg

[SOLVED] Summary for non-technical people how to fix 
gavron

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:22 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Summary for non-technical people how to fix Reply with quote

Just to flesh it out for the aircraft photogs who are not computer types.

1. Log into the Member Section at https://www.airport-data.com/member/

2. On the left hand links click on "Account Info" (right below Member Home).

3. CHANGE #1 of 3: Under "Display Options" select a nonzero multiple-of-3 number (previous poster's example is "6"), enter it under "photos on each page (visitors' view) and click Update.

4. CHANGE #2 of 3: Same page select a nonzero number (previous poster's example is "10"), enter it under "...(member's view)" and click Update.

5. CHANGE #3 of 3: Under "Watermark Options" at the bottom section, set opacity to be nonzero (15% is recommended) to display airport-data's watermark on the image. They ARE hosting this for free, and providing a forum for free, and not even have annoying ads or popups... so this is one way to return the favor. This is not required to have your pics visible again, just an opportunity to return the favor.

Thanks for the solution, thanks to those who prodded to get the solution, and thanks to A-D for hosting these.

Note: I take no credit for anything in the solution, only in attempting to step-by-step it so those who are not so savvy can do it as easily as the rest.

Best regards,

Ehud Gavron
FAA Commercial Helicopter Pilot and all around tech guy
Tucson, Arizona, US -- KTUS

sparrow9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I had no problem correcting the changes.
But I wonder who changed my configuration and why.

John

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: