Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Why does this site keep going "off the air"?       

Why does this site keep going "off the air"? 
red750

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:21 am    Post subject: Why does this site keep going "off the air"? Reply with quote

I visit this site regularly but a number of times I get a message the the site cannot be reached. It may last this way for a couple of days to a week, then just comes on line again. Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya Buddy

Not sure if it is a bandwidth issue. Someone is apparently behind the scenes fixing it, but we never really know what the cause of all this is. The big one that happened in 2019 or 20 was rough. Adsbexchange.com was linking to us and using our pics giving us credit and helping boost my views, plus it was great to see my pictures show up when I clicked on one of the planes there - but after the site crash in 2019 or 20, they seem to just be using planespotters.net now

topgunphotography

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida Metal wrote:
I hear ya Buddy

but after the site crash in 2019 or 20, they seem to just be using planespotters.net now

Planespotters.net sucks too, was a joke trying to get stuff uploaded there, my days of having someone tell me if my shots are good enough are long gone and removed all my shots from Airliners.net and Jetphotos because they all have gone that direction.

Do you use the app openadsb, our shots from here are showing for that app. Thats why I try to update/add the mode S for so many missing MIL serials.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/openadsb/id1178703539?platform=iphone

red750

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, five days of "airport-data.com took too long to reply".

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like this site is going down more than it is up. Goes down for 5 days, comes up for 1, goes back down for a couple days, comes back for one, then went down again last night. I am hoping that it is going down due to some upgrades or something that will make it run better and it is just taken off the air for that.

Seriously we might need to look at doing advertising on here to help pay for the site some.

topgunphotography

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida Metal wrote:

Seriously we might need to look at doing advertising on here to help pay for the site some.

The error message I get when it's down is the site is "Blacklisted", I assumed someone is hacking it. I know Fence Check had this problem back when it was up, Liza had to rebuild it twice and finally gave up since most people went to Facebook.

But advertising would help I'm sure.

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I keep getting some sort of message that the site isn't safe either but at the same time it does have a secure https

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: