Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
What camera do you use?      Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aviation Photography

What camera do you use? 
Michael Martin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: What camera do you use? Reply with quote

I use the Canon EOS Rebel XT. Have the battery grip on the bottom (for lots of battery power) and use the Sigma 28-70mm & 70-300mm lens. I normally keep 5 512mb CF cards in my bag as well.

Visit The Doggie Park.com

what camera 
barry quince

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: what camera Reply with quote

I have a Canon 10D with a grip,just bought a Canon 400D,also with a grip
still working on that one,must say the focus seems a lot better than the
10D.Lens range from a Sigma 10-20 zoom a Tamron 28-200 and a Canon
100-400L IS.And I can still turn out some terrible photographs even with that equipment.

Michael Martin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

I'll be glad to take that 400 lens off your hands if it just doesn't cut it for you!

Laughing

Timothy Aanerud

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, especially if it's one of those white canon lenses.
My film camera is a Canon 10S, and my digital is a Canon A620.

I haven't taken the plung yet for a digital SLR. But I can dream.

Michael Martin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta do the digital! I can just hold down the button and take a dozen pictures, and when I get home, I just delete the ones I don't like and away I go! No more film and the ability to "correct" the pictures with Paintshop Pro!

what camera 
barry quince

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: what camera Reply with quote

My new Canon 400D just over one month old, has already started giving
trouble.While taking photos at BOH my local airport a few days ago it
stopped working,an error sign suggested that i should switch the camera off and then back on,i did this managed to take one more photograph then it
happened again did the same again with the on/off switch cleared the error
until i pressed the shuter again,yes the error sign came up again.This time i
removed the battries,and replaced them with two other ones,and yes the
error sign again showed up.Gave up that day recharged the battries at home
and so far no trouble.The reason for this tale of woe,has any other member
with this type of camera had the same problem?Its a 400D fitted with a
grip.The weather in the Uk at presant is not very good for any type of photography.Dont know when i will be able to try it out again,suppose it could go back to Canon.

Michael Martin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a slight problem like that but I ejected the CF card and reset it in and haven't had any problems since. Might want to ensure the card is snug.

What camera 
barry quince

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: What camera Reply with quote

Looks as though the problem i was having with my Canon 400D was down
to my old Tamron 28-200 lens.

John Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I would finally log in and say hello

I bought the Nikon D50 last year (after shooting with F3's for a number of years) and have recently upgraded lenses to the 18-200MM-VR, and the 70-300MM-VR.

After using the 70-300MM, I am absolutely hooked on Vibration Reduction, as it made a great difference in the quality of my pictures over a wider range of scenarios.

Here in Colorado, the sky's are typically washed out at higher shutter speeds, so the VR got me back down to lower speeds and higher quality backgrounds.....plus it takes care of the normal shakes that have crept in to my 50+ year old skeletal structure.

Michael Martin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now if us 50+ folks could use our AARP cards to get discounts on lens's! Laughing

John Little

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a thought, maybe we can get AARP to lobby congress on behalf of those of us who take lots of pictures of airplanes, so we can get a bit closer to the airport runway's due to our dwindling eye sight, and the need to use our walkers...... Laughing

I have not actually looked, but there are stores that cater to everyone, but Michael you may have struck on a great idea for research.....time to get the browser warmed up.

Michael Martin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank goodness I don't need the walker, YET! But the prescription lens for my glasses seem to get stronger with every checkup! Shocked

What Camera I use 
Glenn E. Chatfield

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: What Camera I use Reply with quote

Most of my photos were taken with 35mm SLR. Photos dated prior to about 1985 were taken with Pentax K1000, and mostly with slides, usually ASA64. If I used photo film, it was usually ASA 100 or 200, except for inside museums when I used ASA 1000 until mid-1990s when I found ASA1600 film. About 1985 I got a Pentax ME Super so I could use an auto-winder and that became my slide camera while I kept the fast film in the K1000 for using my telephotos. My first telephoto was a 135mm which was replaced early 1980s with a 70-200 zoom, which got replaced in 1997 with a 28-210 zoom. For real distant shooting I would use a 2X teleconverter. In 1995 my father-in-law loaned me a 1000mm lens he got in Russia in the 1960s, which he had fitted with a Pentax screw mount adapter, which I added to with a screw to K-mount adapter, which kept it from focusing on infinity. Not a whole lot of shots were done that way except at air shows (lots of bird shots though). He took it back two years later and I then found a 600mm zoom lens (I forgot the low number) which I did use a lot - my shots at Greybull, WY of transports were taken with that. In 2003 I got rid of my K1000 and acquired a Pentax ZXM (ZMX - I've already forgotten!). The 600mm wouldn't fit on that so I kept my ME Super for fast film, but by now quit shooting slides. This past November I went digital with a Pentax K100 and sold my other stuff. Since the 600 wouldn't fit on that, I got a 70-300 Zoom and a 1.7 teleconverter. They work pretty good, especially since the digital multiplies it another 1.5

ScottW

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

And greetings from AUS. down under.

Not long joined and I thought I would jump on the forum for my first post.

There are certainly a lot of shots on the database.

The camera I use is an EOS 350D Rebel. Not a bad camera, my first Digital SLR, infact my very first SLR. I use a 90-300mm lense for zoom, the other lenses I use are 55-105 & 18-55mm for the close ups. I've had it nearly two years and still trying to perfect my photo taking technique, especially when the aircraft on the move.

It is a great site and I hope you like the images that I upload. I am pretty envious you guys in the States and United kingdom with the variety of Warbird, classic and antique aircraft that are airworthy over there.

kindest regards

ScotW Very Happy

Timothy Aanerud

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was at Sun-n-Fun on 21-April-2007. While some aircraft were taxiing, I changed modes on my Canon A620 so I could set the shutter speed at 1/250. I wanted the slower shutter speed to blur the propeller.

After downloading the images they were really washed. But one click on PhotoShop's smart fix button took care of that! Look up my photo N580GP or N716GW, the sky is washed out, but fortunately the fuselage isn't.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aviation Photography All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: