Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
1941 Ercoupe 28962 $6K       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Buy, Sale & Trade

1941 Ercoupe 28962 $6K 
Dickprice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: 1941 Ercoupe 28962 $6K Reply with quote

ERCOUPE IS GONE TO A NEW AND LOVING HOME IN THE MOUNTAINS...28 DAMNED GOOD YEARS. DP

I think this may be the equivilent of finding the cherry 1932 roadster in an unlocked barn.

Shocked
I noticed the n28961 number while idly surfing.
I own nc28962 ser# 58 . 1941 415c
I must sell her. BUT not pressed to the point of letting her get into the hands of anyone who doesn't recognize or value her history.
According to CAP,she is an authentic "warbird" flown by govt during WW 2. OK, that may be stretching a bit Rolling Eyes but they did contact me with verification on 50th anniversary.
The logs show flying over Lake Erie the morning Pearl Harbor attacted.
I was puzzled by the availability of fuel during war till found Uncle Sam was providing it.
Here is the god and bad news: Good
No corrosion, about 140 smoh A65 continental,new stits on wings (never mounted) both mags Eisemann with impulse coupling..makes hand propping a three finger breeze. Brand new tires,tubes,wheels and Cleveland discs, spare Cleveland caliber,wheels,rotors, never used.
Seat cushions pretty good.
"""
BAD: carb is a mess. MAY be rebuildable, but probably better to replace.
Exhaust system rotten. But, I have a complete exhaust from a later coupe withmuffler in good shape to either be modified to delete muffler or swapped. Fit with muffler is about an inch too snug.
Has been stored in dry hanger for about 12 years.
Needs assorted hoses, plug wires, plexi windows, paint is faded but buffs up nicely, needs ignition key .
Upshot, needs tinkering new owner and about $2,000 in parts if bought off shelf.
When hangered to recover wings, I had just flown her back from Culebra Puerto Rico to Little Rock,AR. Total trip nearly 4,000 statute
Burned 4.2gph total,full tanks,475 pounds fat crew Wink

I believe a semi talented wrench could invest 40/60 hours labor and the $500 to $2,000 in parts and have a solid, bird at a bargain.

She isn't listed or advertised anywhere, but after seeing the raggedy
junk offered, I think she is a steal @ $6,000.
Pictures (taken today) available.

Btw, this isn't some Nigerian hoax or phony scam.
I am the registered owner since about 1985.
Richard Price dick price@big foot.com

Ercoupe 
marshwat

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Ercoupe Reply with quote

Do you still have the Ercoupe that was mentioned in your post? I stumbled onto this bookmarked post and am in a position to buy your plane now and was not then. I grew up with my Dad flying an Ercoupe and have always wanted one. I am a CFI now and still want one for my own personal use. I also have the ability to work on one now and the time. if you still have this plane call me
Cell # 620-353-0349 Office # 620-675-2356

Thanks and God bless you Marshall Watson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Buy, Sale & Trade All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: