Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
2013 U S Navy Blue Angels AirShow Schedule-GO NAVY!       

2013 U S Navy Blue Angels AirShow Schedule-GO NAVY! 
Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: 2013 U S Navy Blue Angels AirShow Schedule-GO NAVY! Reply with quote

Mar. 16, NAF El Centro, California

Mar. 23-24, Key West, Florida

Apr. 6-7, McDill AFB, Florida

Apr. 13-14, NAS Corpus Christi, Texas

Apr. 20-21, Vidalia, Georgia

Apr. 27-28, MCAS Beaufort, South Carolina

May 4-5, Barksdale AFB, Louisiana

May 11-12, Jackson, Mississippi

May 18-19, Seymour Johnson AFB, North Carolina

May 22 and May 24, U S Naval Academy flyover, Annapolis, Maryland

May 25-26, Lynchburg, Virginia

Jun. 1-2, Rockford, Illinois

Jun. 8-9, Ocean City, Maryland

Jun. 15-16, Indianapolis, Indiana

Jun. 22-23, Bagotville, Quebec, Canada

Jun. 29-30, North Kingston, Rhode, Island

Jul. 6-7, Evansville, Indiana

Jul. 13, Pensacola Beach, Florida

Jul. 20-21, St. Cloud, Minnesota

Jul. 27-28, Hillsboro, Oregon

Aug. 3-4, Seattle, Washington

Aug. 10-11, Fargo, North Dakota

Aug. 24-25, Kansas City, Missouri

Aug. 31, NAS Patuxent River, Maryland

Sep. 1, NAS Patuxent River, Maryland

Sep. 7-8, Eau Claire, Wisconsin

Sep. 14-15, Brunswick, Maine

Sep. 21-22, NAS Oceana, Virginia (I was stationed there in 1951)

Sep. 28-19, NAWS Point Mugu, California ( I worked there 28 years)

Oct. 5-6, MCAS Miramar, San Diego, California

Oct. 12-13, San Francisco, California

Oct. 19-20, Fort Worth, Texas

Oct. 26-27, NAS Jacksonville, Florida

Nov. 1-2, NAS Pensacola, Pensacola, Florida

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added:

May 25-26, Lynchburg, Virginia

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have written an Article here in the Articles section re the Early History of the Blue Angels-1946-1985. Have a look if interested in the Blues, their aircraft and routines over their early years.

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The US Navy has cancelled at least four 2013 appearances of the Blue Angels at air shows, including Vidalia, Georgia and presumably the three earlier shows. Organizers of the Vidalia show believe the Blue Angels presence added 15,000 spectators to their annual show.

The Point Mugu Air Show featuring the Blue Angels scheduled for 28-29 September has not, as of last Wednesday been cancelled, according to Base Air Operations Officer, Cdr, Chris Kenefick.

Please check out Cdr. Kenefick's Boeing Stearman N1702B on this site and my article here on Boeing Stearmans featuring his aircraft.

While the USAF Thunderbirds and the US Army Golden Knights 2013 air show appearances have been outright cancelled, the Blue Angels Spring schedule is in doubt. Combined, the three teams had 190 appearances scheduled for 2013.

All 2013 airshows in America that have had active military aircraft as part of their shows are scrambling for replacement from the warbird ranks of WWII, Vietnam and later, because of the threat of cancellations because of the mandatory $85 billion cut in the Department of Defense budget. At least 150 shows are affected. This is a great loss of publicity and of an effective recruitment tool.

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Robertson wrote:
The US Navy has cancelled at least four 2013 appearances of the Blue Angels at air shows, including Vidalia, Georgia and presumably the three earlier shows. Organizers of the Vidalia show believe the Blue Angels presence added 15,000 spectators to their annual show.

All 2013 airshows in America that have had active military aircraft as part of their shows are scrambling for replacement from the warbird ranks of WWII, Vietnam and later, because of the threat of cancellations because of the mandatory $85 billion cut in the Department of Defense budget. At least 150 shows are affected. This is a great loss of publicity and of an effective recruitment tool.

Blue Angels appearance at MacDill AFB Tampa has been cancelled, but that is also because the whole show was cancelled as are all the Base shows for now.

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, The show you mentioned was in the prior show schedules I referred to in my post. Airshows at military bases are either outright cancelled or (in the case of the Navy bases and the Blue Angels' appearances outside of those already mentioned in the press release), are pending decision announcement. Point Mugu's Navy show had not been cancelled as of last Wednesday, 6 March, 2013. And, no official news to the contrary has been published since.

Florida Metal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Navy for some reason isn't getting hit as hard as the Air Force - which makes me wonder if Jacksonville might end up having one later this year or not. I heard in the summer the City of Pennsacola plans to raise $100,000 to have the Blue Angels perform at their Beach Airshow - with one restaurant already kicking in $10K.

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree, but in a more general way. Our Commander in Chief ordered five US Navy Nuclear Aircraft Carriers to return to one port-they are all docked at Newport News, Virginia right now, adjacent each other. What an ill-conceived move just ripe for concentrated terrorist attack! And, he couldn't/wouldn't send a needed aircraft carrier to the Mediterranean Sea because of the huge Defense Dept. budget cut. But, he spent $2 million of our tax dollars on a trip playing golf recently with Tiger Woods.

I do not wish, either, to turn this Forum into political harping, but we must face the facts squarely. And, I will state my military service bias, as I served in the US Navy in an aviation rate from 1950 to 1959, by my enlistment choice.

BTW, the five Nuclear carriers are (the) USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69), USS George H.W. Bush (CVN 77), USS Enterprise (CVN 65), USS Harry S. Truman (CVN 75) and USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) all pulled out of the Middle East and Afghanistan support role leaving our land forces to fend for themselves.

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Blue Angels 2013 Airshow season after 1 April, 2013 has been officially cancelled/grounded because of sequestration.

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida Metal wrote:
The Navy for some reason isn't getting hit as hard as the Air Force - which makes me wonder if Jacksonville might end up having one later this year or not. I heard in the summer the City of Pensacola plans to raise $100,000 to have the Blue Angels perform at their Beach Airshow - with one restaurant already kicking in $10K.

Events 
Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject: Events Reply with quote

Thank you! As and if I get new information, I will post it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: