Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Great flight tracking site using our photos       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aviation Photography

Great flight tracking site using our photos 
Florida Metal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Great flight tracking site using our photos Reply with quote

They are using our photos legally as they are directly linking to airport-data, which should help us get hits on our photos.

global.adsbexchange.com

So far it's the best flight tracking site I have come across from a spotters perspective as you can actually track military. I have even seen Air Force 2 on it, and others were discussing seeing air Force 1. I haven't tracked any bombers yet and only one A-10 so far, but you are able to track C-130s, C-17s, P-3/8s, T-38s etc. Another good thing for the biz jet fans, they don't block the registrations for the biz jets so you can see who owns the aircraft and if you have a picture on here of that biz jet it will be linked to that site.

Malcolm Clarke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must confess I hadn't seen this site previously.

I tracked a Hawk trainer from RAF Leeming in my area this morning, and also a civilian Grob which showed an Airport-Data image of mine taken in the North East.

Many thanks.

Ural

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great
adsbexchange is the best side for miilitary. I come from CGN and with this side I can see when military is coming.

Timothy Aanerud

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Raspberry Pi with a USB Digital TV Tuner with an antenna optimized for 1090 MHz. I feed this site and FlightAware. global.adsbexchange.com image search uses the unique Mode-S transponder ID to figure out the aircraft registration and type from airframes.org, The image search looks at more website than Airport-Data.com It also looks for images on flight-aware, arilines.net, and planelogger.com.

Re: Great flight tracking site using our photos 
topgunphotography

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Great flight tracking site using our photos Reply with quote

Florida Metal wrote:
They are using our photos legally as they are directly linking to airport-data, which should help us get hits on our photos.

global.adsbexchange.com

So far it's the best flight tracking site I have come across from a spotters perspective as you can actually track military. I have even seen Air Force 2 on it, and others were discussing seeing air Force 1. I haven't tracked any bombers yet and only one A-10 so far, but you are able to track C-130s, C-17s, P-3/8s, T-38s etc. Another good thing for the biz jet fans, they don't block the registrations for the biz jets so you can see who owns the aircraft and if you have a picture on here of that biz jet it will be linked to that site.

That site is like crack for me, only on the MIL side, but it's helped me get so many military planes coming into my local base.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Aviation Photography All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: