Airport-Data.com Forum Index  
  Airport-Data.com » Forums  Guest: Log in |  Register |  Search |  Memberlist |  Usergroups |  Profile |  Private messages |  FAQ 
Question/ Sighting of B24J Liberator in NJ 09/04/2019       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Civil Aviation

Question/ Sighting of B24J Liberator in NJ 09/04/2019 
chiefrq

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject: Question/ Sighting of B24J Liberator in NJ 09/04/2019 Reply with quote

This is to request any information about a B24J Liberator (N224J) that I spotted flying over my neighborhood today at a fairly low altitude. I’m a private pilot and was intrigued at the sight of this majestic 4-engine vintage aircraft flying at about 1,200 feet near my house, about 25 miles north of TTN Airport. I tracked it on “Flightradar24,” and it looks like the flight originated and ended at TTN. From what I’ve read about this aircraft, it appears to be the only one still flying. Does anyone know where it’s based or where I might be able to get a closer look, maybe take a few photos. Any information appreciated. Thanks!

Doug Robertson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Home Page of this site enter the N number of the B-24 and you will find 324 photos have been entered of the aircraft, some with more text, location, etc. Click HOME on this page near page bottom to get to this site's Home Page where you can then enter the N number to see much more info via the photos/text/etc.

Collings Foundation B-24 
L-5jockey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject: Collings Foundation B-24 Reply with quote

Yep,
It's the last flying "REAL" B-24
It was painted as "All American" (August 1989).
Repainted as "The Dragon and His Tail" in 1998. Last, in 2005 repainted as "Witchcraft."..

Believe Foundation is based in Stow, Massachusetts.
Aircraft are usually on tour....

Where you can see the B-24 - CALENDAR;
https://www.collingsfoundation.org/events/category/wings-of-freedom-tour/

Was at the Millville Army Airfield (KMIV) a few days ago (end of August) along with some 'friends' .

https://youtu.be/S0aaO9MBgew

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airport-Data.com Forum Index -> Civil Aviation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: